Director of Administration and Finance
Jobs at:Health Builders
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, July 21 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, July 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Health Builders is seeking skilled and interested applicants for the following positions to help support the organization’s mission of strengthening Rwanda’s PHC systems.
Director of Administration and Finance
• The Director of Administration and Finance will be based in Kigali and will report directly to the Executive Director. S/he will oversee all administration and finance functions of Health Builders, including budget development and tracking, financial management and reporting, procurement, contracting, and office management. S/he will build and supervise a strong administration and finance team.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
• Oversee all the Health Builders’ Administration, Finance and Logistics issues;
• Develop, review and maintain effective operational and administrative systems, inclusive of policies and procedures, to ensure the effective functioning of the organization on daily basis
• Oversee and administer human resource policies and procedures, and be responsible for review of the organization’s structure, job descriptions and staffing, and human resource practices
• Develop, manage and regularly review Health Builders accounting and financial procedures to ensure efficiency and compliance to established and appropriate rules, regulations and policies relevant to the organization; serve as the primary custodian of all financial transactions; establish and manage financial systems to ensure transparency, accountability and accuracy of all financial data; establish and maintain financial procedures, ensuring adequate segregation of duties are maintained
• Ensure adequate systems of internal control are in place to safeguard the Health Builders’ assets
• Develop and monitor budgets across multiple grants and programs, in accordance with pre-established Health Builders and donor guidelines; prepare forecasts of programmatic and operational costs, ensuring the availability of funds to meet financial needs; ensure that advances are reconciled in accordance with procedures and required deadlines
• Conduct periodic budget and financial analyses (projections against actuals), audits of actual expenses and budget-to-actual comparisons; present relevant reports to internal and external audiences to facilitate financial and programmatic planning and monitoring
• Liaise Health Builders with its partners and board members in all financial related matters
• Deal with the tax authorities and other regulatory bodies in the United States and in Rwanda on matters of statutory compliance including advice to management on tax-related issues
• Supervise the preparation of annual financial statements; plan and facilitate external audits, answer audit queries and mandatory inquiries whenever necessary
• Oversee procurement of office and program-related equipment, ensuring adherence to all donors, Health Builders and the Government of Rwanda regulations; maintain appropriate inventory of supplies and equipment, taking special care to ensure that all items are adequately documented and costs are appropriately recorded; ensure that bid analysis/tender report is done and filed as part of the supporting documents for all purchases
• Ensure effective and smooth office operations, including water, electricity, Internet, security and transportation management of vehicles; review the logs of vehicles maintenance; fuel usage logs; review the property log at least once a quarter; ensure that vehicles insurance are regularly updated
• Advise proactively Health Builders Board and Management in all administrative and financial management related matters
• Be in charge of Staff welfare, employment contracts, pay rolls and medical insurance policy.
• Help Health Management Advisors (HMAs) implement effective financial and Human Resource Management systems at the district level and health center level
• Help HMAs develop budgets for health centers and health posts supported by Health Builders
• Perform other related duties as directed
Qualification and Competences:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required
• Masters’ Degree and/or ACCA or CPA preferred
• 5 years of relevant work experience with a minimum of 2 years work experience at an NGO
• Demonstrated experience analyzing and interpreting financial data
• Sound knowledge of accounting principles and techniques required; experience with accounting software, such as QuickBooks, is a plus
• Experience working with international donors required
• Strong supervisory and management skills and demonstrated experience in the supervision of finance and administrative staff
• Demonstrated experience working independently with minimal supervision, reliably establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
• Advanced ability to use Word and PowerPoint to develop presentations and Excel to develop moderately complex spreadsheets
• Strong communication skills – both written and oral
• Languages – professional proficiency in English, knowledge of French is an advantage; native proficiency in Kinyarwanda is required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified candidates should submit their signed application letters, Curriculum Vitae (CV), academic credentials and any other relevant documents, no later than July 21th, 2023 at 5:00 pm Kigali time. The applications shall be addressed to the Health Builders’ Executive Director via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.