Director of Finance and Operations
Deadline of this Job:
21 January 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Director of Finance and Operations, Rwanda
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Director of Finance and Operations for an anticipated agriculture program in Rwanda funded by USAID. This activity will sustainably increase smallholder farmers’ income, improve the nutritional status of women and children, and increase the resilience of Rwanda’s agriculture market and food systems to a changing climate.
The Director of Finance and Operations will provide leadership and direction to the finance and operations team with close oversight of the project’s finances, including financial analysis and accounting management. The program is anticipated to start in late 2022 and this position is envisioned to be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
• Develop, oversee, and monitor all financial and accounting systems, policies, procedures, and internal controls, adapting them as necessary to meet changing regulations and best practices
• Establish efficient financial and operational systems including internal audits, compliance, and risk management
• Lead the annual budgeting process and review all financial plans and budgets, monitoring progress and changes
• Prepare and execute action plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administrative operations and to mitigate operational and compliance risks
• Periodically assess the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administration procedures in relation to the delivery of technical activities on time and at optimum cost
• Ensure that Program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year
• Comply with all USAID rules and regulations and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures relating to finance and administration
• Oversee annual financial audits of program and ensure that sub grantees comply with all audit and financial review requirements
• Serve as primary liaison with the office landlord and manage lease agreements and office maintenance needs
• Assist in the organization and management of special events, staff meetings, and workshops
• Manage cash disbursement and petty cash account
• Track USAID approvals for travel, hiring, and equipment procurement
• Master’s degree in finance, business administration, or relevant field.
• Minimum of 10 years of progressive work experience in financial control and audit related field including minimum 5 years of experience in a senior management position, providing administrative oversight and management systems development.
• In-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations related to procurement and finance required.
• Strong written communication skills required, with a demonstrated ability to write reports in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner.
• Experience working in Rwanda preferred.
• Fluency in English required.
Rwandan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs . The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.