Director of Grants Management & Compliance
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 30 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• IMB seeks to hire a dynamic professional to work closely with IMB’s Chief Finance Officer to lead resource mobilization, grant management, and grant compliance. The position is an essential role that will work to strengthen IMB’s relationships and collaborations across various partners and donor agencies. They will lead prospect research to identify public and private sector opportunities of interest to IMB/PIH’s mission through routine forecasting, tracking, and outreach. They will be responsible for leading proposal efforts including coordination, writing, and budgeting. They will oversee the proposal process together with partner NGOs, start-up of new programs, and lead the management of partnerships. S/he will also work closely with IMB’s Chief Finance Officer to strengthen the grants department and overall management of funds. S/he will ensure accurate financial reporting and procedural compliance on all grants. S/he will be responsible for regular budget versus actual reviews, monitoring of project deliverables, clear and timely donor communication, and preparing for and managing donor audits. S/he will also be the IMB focal point working closely with PIH Boston Coordination teams in Finance, Policy & Partnerships, Development, and Grants Management & Compliance. This position will supervise a Grants Management team.
• Work closely with IMB Executive Leadership to identify, evaluate, and steward partnership opportunities that will strengthen IMB’s capacity to achieve PIH’s mission.
• Assess alignment, viability, and competitiveness of potential funding opportunities in partnership with Program Leads and Executive Leadership.
• Represent IMB in public sector consortium bid efforts and startup of new programs.
• Manage and cultivate existing relationships with funders to secure and expand recurring revenue streams with the aim of maintaining a consistent, robust fundraising pipeline.
• Develop and update the grants register to track the proposal and award life cycle.
• Ensure high-quality proposals and communication with donors to showcase the work of IMB and build momentum for partnerships and funding.
• Manage/lead components of the proposal development process, including liaising with program managers, writing, and developing budgets.
• Work closely with the Boston-based public and private sector development teams to monitor funding trends and key funding priorities, and develop public sector proposals, including assisting with writing, editing, review, timeline and process management, and timely submission in accordance with funder requirements.
• Draft concept notes, program briefs, and other materials for potential funders and partners.
• Support on the planning and budgeting processes for multi-year grants and PIH annual planning cycle.
Grants Management & Compliance:
• In collaboration with PIH’s global compliance team, prepare and review MOUs, contracts, and other types of donor agreements. Obtain signatures of awards-related contractual documents in accordance with the terms established in the PIH signatures policy.
• Work closely with IMB and Coordination site staff to oversee a portfolio of awards, ensuring timely and accurate compliance with all donor agreements and their applicable regulations.
• Ensure strong collaboration and communication between the grants management and program teams.
• Supervise the Grants team to ensure on-time delivery of funder requirements, regularly tracking and reporting according to funder-specific deliverables as well as support the team through training and evaluating performance.
• Under the direction of the Executive Director and other Executive Leadership team members, contribute to stewarding relationships with donors including attending meetings, hosting visits, and maintaining regular communication.
• Track progress on all donor deliverables within the portfolio of all awards and orchestrate regular progress check-ins and coordination meetings with funders.
• Oversee a meticulous file system on potential funding, grant-related documents for active awards, and each grant in the portfolio.
• Design and implement a capacity-building plan to strengthen grants management skills across all teams involved in grants management and compliance tasks.
• Working closely with Operations, HR, and Finance teams to put in place new policies, procedures, and processes as needed, as well as training, to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
• Coordinate recruitment and hiring in grants management and compliance functions.
Financial Reporting and Grants Coding:
• Ensure that systems are in place for cost allocation of payroll, common costs, and administrative expenses over donor awards and update it each month following the monthly spending review of grant spending.
• Ensure timely response to grants coding questions for revenues and expenditures, and ensure appropriate reclassification of expenses.
• In collaboration with the PIH Boston Coordination Site Finance team, lead end-of-fiscal-year close for all restricted grants.
Qualification, Knowledge, and Skills & Work Experience
Essential Experience and Skills
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Public Policy/Administration, Finance, or a related field is preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in writing successful grant proposals, grants management, and grants compliance in an NGO, resource-limited environment, and/or on social justice-oriented partnerships/advocacy work is required.
• At least three (3) years’ experience in a senior management role.
• Significant work experience with US Government and other public sector funding is preferred.
• Strong budgetary and financial management skills.
• Excellent coordination skills and communication skills (ability to conceptualize and articulate funding needs persuasively to potential funders.
• Demonstrated strong technical writing skills for funding opportunities and proven success in proposal coordination.
• Entrepreneurial mindset, including the ability to work independently, manage multiple projects with competing deadlines, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives with minimal oversight and supervision.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Strong computer skills especially in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and experience in using financial management software.
• Must be flexible, reliable, responsive, resourceful, and have immense attention to detail.
• Ability to work well with a culturally diverse team. Prior work experience in Rwanda or Sub-Saharan Africa is preferred.
• Commitment to social justice and health care equity.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Safeguarding and PIH/IMB Values:
• Ability to live PIH/IMB Values: Ubumuntu, Ubupfura, Ubwubahane, Ubunyangamugayo, Ubumwe, Agaciro, Kugira ishyaka.
• PIH is committed to safeguarding Staff, children and communities with whom we work and collaborate with to assure that they are treated with dignity and respect and protected from sexual exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• The deadline for applications is no later than June 30th, 2023
• Application link: QSSR-PIH-DGM-DIRECTOR OF GRANTS MANAGEMENT & COMPLIANCE - Q-Sourcing Servtec (qsourcing.com)
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.