Jobs at:Water For People
Deadline of this Job:
15 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the supervision of the PSDA Advisor, the District facilitator oversees the implementation and monitoring of the Isooko y’Ubuzima Project field activities, representing the project and collaborating with District WASH partners (public institutions, CBOs, INGOs, LNGOs, and Private Sector) and communities.
Major responsibilities and duties:
• Liaise with the Project Operations Manager to plan and implement water and sanitation activities in the field.
• Follow up the construction and rehabilitation work of different water and sanitation facilities, in collaboration with the District Water Supply Engineer and the Operations Engineer.
• Monitor and report all WASH activities in the field ensuring compliance with the national and USAID standards.
• Follow up all surveys, trainings, workshop organized by Isooko y’Ubuzima Project in the District and timely reporting.
• Ensure that materials employed by contractors, approved by project supervising companies comply to accepted quality standards before they are used for the project.
• Supervise the review of detailed engineering (water and sanitation) designs in collaboration with partners.
• Support the district in the elaboration of its WASH Plan, and in its effort to strengthen capacities of the District WASH Board and its decentralized entities, water private operators, local entrepreneurs in sanitation and hygiene, etc. to ensure full and reliable WASH services.
• Work with water private operators to gain a better knowledge on water service reliability and water business viability.
• Preparation of weekly work plans according to the implementation plan.
• Prepare and submit all WASH field reports to the Project Operations Manager.
• Assist the supervisor in the preparation of reports as they pertain to the project.
• File, document, and report work progress to his/her line manager on weekly basis
• Bachelor’s degree in Hydraulic, Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences or any related field
• At least two(2) years of working experience in water and sanitation;
• Understanding of community-level water development,
• At least 1-year experience working in an International NGO in Rwanda;
• Knowledge of the Rwandan administrative framework;
• Excellent organizational/logistic, communication, and interpersonal skills;
• Maintain sound ethical principles, integrity, and transparency of the due process;
• Fluent in English, knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda would be an advantage;
• Ability to work in a team on field, interpersonal qualities, flexible with respect to job priority
• Experience in community mobilization
• The initiative, availability/capacity to learn
• Organized and rigorous
• Connects to the Mission – Embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays in leading social impact in international development.
• Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity – Understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
• Manages through Ambiguity – Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in responding to change and ambiguity.
• Demonstrates Cultural Awareness – Able to engage a wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
• Action-oriented – Maintains an attitude of open, curious, and proactive learning, continually expanding own area of understanding and expertise.
• Connects with Others – Listens and fosters open communication through questioning, dialogue, and information sharing.
• Self-confident – Demonstrates humility, mature confidence, and courage to innovate, risk, and lead in own role.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
How to Apply:
If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please visit our Career Center and apply with application letter along with detailed curriculum vitae (resume), relevant academic documents, and contact details of at least three (3) referees to this position. Please submit your application materials in English. In person visits or phone calls are not allowed!
Applications need to be received no later than 15 September 2021 at 5:00 pm (Rwanda time)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.