Deadline of this Job:
28 July 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Young Economist Programme (YEP)
The YEP six-month internship consists of a combination of work assignments with on-the-job training and intensive training, all with systematic assessment. The work assignments in one of the three departments cover areas such as macroeconomic projections & monitoring, tax policy, external financing and debt, investment planning, and budget preparation and execution, and each intern will be mentored by regular staff working in that area. Through a series of seminars, interns will be familiarized with various aspects of government economic data analysis and policy preparation in a range of agencies (MINECOFIN, NBR, NISR, other ministries).
The intensive training is spread over the twelve months and consists of: online training courses and tutorials in quantitative modelling and other methods; courses in advanced EXCEL, EVIEWS and STATA; structured courses (in part online) in applied macroeconomic and macro-econometric modelling and Cost-Benefit Analysis/project appraisal, provided by inter/national professors; and training in soft skills.
Qualifications of applying interns
• Bachelor’s degree in economics or statistics with economics minor.
• Proven knowledge of statistical and other quantitative methods and computer software.
• Thorough understanding of public economic policy making.
• Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda; French is an additional asset.
• Willingness and capacity to work very hard, under pressure of deadlines, and do substantial self-study.
Duration and certification
• the internship will start in October 2022, for Six months
• All courses and work performance will be assessed, including through course tests and rating of on-the-job deliverables
• Successful participants are awarded the “MINECOFIN YEP Certificate” • Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda; French is an additional asset. • Willingness and capacity to work very hard, under pressure of deadlines, and do substantial self-study. ">
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, up-to-date CV, copy of degree(s) and transcript(s) by 28th July 2022 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to email@example.com . The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a single PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject.
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please let us know, if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for assessment/interview or that you wish us to consider, when considering your application.
Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a test and an interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ reserves all rights!
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.