(EoI)-Communication Consultant for the Ride Rwanda Digital and Social Media Campaign
Jobs at:GIZ Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
08 October 2021
Date Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the overall responsibility and direct supervision of the designed Ride Rwanda team, the consultant will strengthen bonds with our current communities and bring new audiences to Ride Rwanda website and resources. As the website and social media manager, he/she will maintain Ride Rwanda's presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish graphic design content that is relevant to promotion. He/she will regularly analyze and report on the activity on social media networks and websites.
• Design a digital communication strategy;
• Take part in communication activities related to the online promotional campaign;
• Identify and approach at least 1 international tour operator-destination management company (DMC), offering Ride Rwanda 2022 packages in its portfolio;
• Identify and approach 3 or 4 influencers with large social media reach within Rwanda, and 2 international influencers with strong social media content and following, to ensure reaching the target population;
• Support the team to maintain the flow of reliable promotional information from the national and international customers;
• Post communications products online;
• Soft products for communication to be customized for the target groups, and designed with Adobe Illustrator software, Adobe Indesign and Microsoft Word software, such as:
• SM posters;
• Digital flayers;
• Social media posts;
• Customer satisfaction survey, design, and implementation included.
• Maintenance of the following information to be handed over at the end of the assignment:
• a central database of contacts;
• a central gallery of communication materials of the event.
• Maintain the Ride Rwanda website responsiveness, on a daily basis and continuously improve the design of the website;
• Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content on the Ride Rwanda website;
• Identify and set-up an online payment provider, and set up the system.
• Take the lead on easy integration of online payment system, and its management;
• Tracking and maintaining the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) of the RR Website/Social Media;
• Coordinate with the team in managing the bookings and reservations processed on the website;
• Plan specific, timely campaigns across all platforms in line with event promotion and trends;
• Manage the creative side and analytics side of campaigns and demonstrate this through results;
• Protect data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage, and other necessary means;
• Provide IT support and offer suggestions for possible upgrades and changes for the online marketing promotion campaign;
• Social media
• Develop a social media strategy;
• Support maintenance of social media platforms;
• Complete other social media projects as assigned;
• Promote content through social media campaigns (reviewed and changed on a weekly-monthly basis dependent on analytics results);
• Grow the Ride Rwanda online social network by increasing user base and interaction;
• Use Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on the Ride Rwanda website;
• Review data on the performance of social media platforms and adjust plans to or strategies to optimize reach.
• Support on the road pre/during the event
• Live coverage of the full event (including preparation days and set-up of the registration venue), also experiencing the ride as a participant and collecting photo-video material from riders, and staff involved.
• The assignment is to be delivered in direct collaboration with the event team. The on-ground duty station will be FERWACY office at Amahoro Stadium in Kigali. Frequent physical presence will be required. Office space will be provided, but other related tools for the completion of the assignment (e.g. wi-fi connection, airtime, laptop, mobile phone, GoPro camera, GPS equipment) are not provided.
• Reporting and coordination
• The Consultant is required to report directly to Ride Rwanda team and do project progress briefing to the event promotional team including the GIZ Development Advisor.
Key Expertise and Qualifications required
• Education in Media & Communication or related field;
• Experience and background in online booking systems;
• 2 years or more experience in Social Media content and campaigns with all tools;
• Experience in online community-building;
• Experience in building online and social networking campaigns;
• Demonstrated experience in visual messaging and informational graphics;
• Experience with WordPress is imperative;
• A creative mindset and the ability to work well under pressure, completing tasks efficiently, and handling tight deadlines;
• Being able to travel to Kinigi/Musanze
• Fluent in English, Kinyarwanda, and French desirable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The Financial Proposal indicates the all-inclusive total contract price, supported by a breakdown of all costs. The cost must be in RWF and VAT excluded.
Please submit electronically your EoI (technical & Financial offer) in 2 separated PDF files to this email: RW_Quotation@giz.de
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.