Executive Assistant (Re-advertised)
Jobs at:Mastercard Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
27 August 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
Reports to the Chief Programs Officer, the Executive Assistant will provide senior executive support to the Chief Programs Officer, in support of achievement of all program deliverables including the Young Africa Works strategy. Partner and effectively coordinate across enterprise including with co-located program teams, relevant enterprise functions, Office of CEO and teams working with the Chief Programs Officer including Advisor to CPO.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
• Proactively manage scheduling for the Chief Programs Officer (CPO) including calendar meeting requests
• Lead and plan scheduling for all activities in line with work plans. Plan, coordinate and ensure schedules are followed and respected, and act as a ‘gatekeeper’ while ensuring access to the CPO.
• Schedule meetings and coordinate related logistics, such as room bookings, refreshments, and document preparation for all attendees.
• Effectively manage the schedule, agendas, and pre-meeting document follow-up and circulation for meetings of the CPO (e.g., Program Senior Team Leadership meetings, Program Team meetings, External Meetings etc.)
• Take minutes at meetings and distribute as and when appropriate.
• Lead follow up of key action items, ensuring that the Chief Programs Officer is prepared for meetings and correspondence and work runs on time, effectively and with efficiency.
• Manage travel in coordination with the travel team and office coordinator and team assistants, including extensive global travel, accommodation reservations, ground transport, travel visas and immunizations.
• Expense management on behalf of the CPO, prepare and submit expense reports accurately and efficiently in line with organizational policies.
• Coordinate and work closely with the Advisor to the CPO and CPO team to ensure smooth functioning of the Office of the CPO.
• Coordinate with other EAs and administrative staff across the enterprise functions regarding meetings and other engagements (internal and external).
• Compose routine correspondence with the ability to be proactive in identifying the need for formal written correspondence.
• Liaise with PR & communications and colleagues regarding functional communications.
• Draft and create documentation (could include letterheads, power point decks, board documents, etc.) for CPO’s use.
• Handle the distribution of correspondence. Monitor email and act as appropriate. Ensure attention to accuracy and detail.
• Plan, organize and maintain accurate documentation for the function, including reports.
• Maintain organization of the database, shared network drives and SharePoint sites.
• Act as the initial contact for individuals contacting the Chief Programs Officer and advice regarding the most appropriate avenues to contact the CPO.
• Assess urgency and priority meetings with stakeholders.
• Build, liaise and sustain relationships with employees, external stakeholders and general public on behalf of the Chief Programs Officer.
• Provide support in budget preparation and forecasting of areas under the CPO’s office.
• Support Financial management processes in line with policies and processes.
• Provide backup to other executive administrators as required.
• Participate in meetings to streamline processes where applicable from time to time.
• Participate in Functional Onboarding for direct reports to the CPO.
• Any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
WHO YOU ARE
• College diploma or University degree is required.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in an Executive Assistant role in a fast-paced environment at corporate/senior level of a global or international organization.
• Experience in working in multi-cultural environments.
• Experience working with Senior level executives and interfacing with important stakeholders, both externally and internally.
• Experience in managing junior administrative staff.
• Excellent organizing, multi-tasking, planning, prioritization and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, exhibiting grace and diplomacy under pressure.
• Strong communication skills in English; written and spoken, and ability to communicate in French (is a plus but not mandatory) and the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
• Highly proficient in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Office 365 and SharePoint).
• Highly organized
• Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to produce high quality work consistently and effectively on time.
• Able to work independently with little direction or supervision and possess ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
• Ability to anticipate needs and requirements and to proactively act.
• Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
• You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is August 25, 2021.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
For more information and to sign up for the Foundation’s newsletter, please visit http://www.mastercardfdn.org/
Follow the Foundation on Twitter at @MastercardFdn
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.