Jobs at:Association des Guides du Rwanda (AGR)
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: Executive Director
Location: Kigali, Rwanda – With national and international travels
Association des Guides du Rwanda (AGR) is a non-profit organization with the mission of enabling girls and young women to acquire skills leading to their development and autonomy and to become agents of positive change as responsible citizens. To achieve its mission, AGR would like to employ an Executive Director to fulfill tasks and responsibilities hereafter detailed:
In conjunction with the National Board, provide vision and leadership to the organisation and develop, lead and implement the mission and long-term strategy of AGR. Ensure the strategic allocation of resources and positioning of the organization to deliver more opportunities for more girls in Rwanda.
Responsible for the leadership, management, and administration of the organization within the strategic, policy, and accountability frameworks defined by the Board. Support the Board to fulfil its governance duties and responsibilities.
1. Provide vision and leadership to the organisation in order to deliver growth, influence and visibility national wide and outside the country.
2. Recruit, motivate and retain the talent and skills needed to realize the organization’s priorities.
3. Lead the implementation and performance of AGR Strategic Plan, ensure its monitoring and evaluation and proper actions towards its success.
4. Mobilize resources and secure funding in order to promote the mission and vision of AGR.
5. Work cohesively and collaboratively with the Board to:
• Set leadership goals and strategies to strengthen Guiding at all levels and for each Guiding branches (Ronde des Bergeronnettes, Compagnie des Guides, Route des Ainées and Cadres)
• Develop and oversee implementation of core business strategies in order to facilitate growing membership
• Build collaborative relationships with Province/ District Commissioners
• Set membership goals collaboratively and plan for the continuous growth and development of Guiding in Rwanda.
• Maintain links with WAGGGS and ensure all membership obligations are met
• Work with all relevant teams and personnel to ensure delivery of the Girl Guiding educational programmes countrywide
Finance and Planning
6. Develop and deliver overarching strategic and operational plans and budget, to deliver the vision and mission.
7. Safeguard and monitor the overall financial health of the organizaiton including formulating and managing budgets and resources as a whole, and developing, overseeing and monitoring an effective programme of income generation.
8. In partnership with the Chief Commissioner, ensure that the Board sets clear, compelling and achievable strategic objectives and strategic priorities.
9. Oversee risk management across AGR and ensure that appropriate plans are in place to mitigate identified risks.
10. Make effective, well-coordinated, and timely communication a distinctive competence at all levels throughout the organisation, in particular with District Commissioners, elected volunteer leaders, and staff
11. Ensure that the organisation excels in maintaining positive and productive relationships with media, funders, donors, and other organisations.
Legal and Regulatory Compliance
12. Ensure that the organization fulfils all its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities in accordance with the Rwanda Governance Board regulations and current legislation.
13. In conjunction with the Chief Commissioner, enable the Board to fulfil its duties and responsibilities for the proper governance of the charity and ensure that the Board receives timely advice and appropriate information on all relevant matters.
Ensuring High-Quality Governance
14. Work with the Chief Commissioner to ensure that all members of the Board receive appropriate induction, training and development (both as individual and collectively) to optimise the utilisation and productivity of each Board member.
15. Recommend high-level policies for development in consultation with the Board, and be responsible for the efficient and reliable fulfilment of these policies.
16. Pursue and document relevant training and attendance at meetings, conferences and events to enhance performance and stay updated in all matters relevant to the role.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Gender, Development Studies, Public Administration, Economics, Project Management, Peace and Conflict with minimum 5 years of relevant working experience; or
• Master’s Degree in Gender, Development Studies, Public Administration, Economics, Project Management, Peace and Conflict with minimum 4 years of relevant working.
• Experience in successful leadership and coordination in NGOs, especially those working in the area of Women Empowerment and Gender Equality environments, including delivering and closing projects and communicating with donors and partners.
• Strong project and personnel management experience
• Excellent communication and advocacy skills, a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills
• Strong analytical skills, with experience in managing monitoring and evaluating programs and financial management
• Proven ability to think strategically with a track record of turning ideas into action
• Flexibility in responding to occasional heavy, peak workloads
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda (French will be an asset).
• Ability to take initiative to organize time effectively within a range of often conflicting deadlines and competing priorities.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent ability to forge relationships at all levels and work across multiple project teams.
• Enthusiasm, creativity, and flexibility with excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit.
• A passion for and commitment to issues affecting girls and young women on a global level, and the demonstrable ability to relate to and engage with girls and young women, either through a professional or personal background
• An understanding of the critical role of volunteer leaders in an organization like AGR and an enthusiasm for working with volunteer colleagues to deliver outstanding results
• Women candidates are highly recommended and being a girl guide will be an added value
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be sent through to firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of the closing date. This application should include:
• An updated CV
• A covering letter and/or supporting statement in response to the job description outlining your suitability for the post.
Closing Date: Friday 24 September at 12.00 pm
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.