Jobs at:Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA)
Deadline of this Job:
26 September 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is a unique and innovative English language institution dedicated to preparing the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. Students at RICA will engage in curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities emphasizing practical hands-on skills, Conservation Agriculture and One Health principles, oral and written communication, leadership, and entrepreneurship.
In an experiential learning environment, students will develop the knowledge and experience necessary for a wide range of careers in agriculture. Students at RICA will gain experience in the six Enterprises that include, Dairy, Poultry and Swine, Row and Forage Crops, Vegetable and Fruit Crops, Irrigation and Mechanization, and Agroprocessing. All RICA graduates will be innovative problem solvers able to operate farms and ranches, start agribusinesses, assume management roles in cooperatives, NGOs, and other agricultural enterprises, serve their communities as extension agents and technical and policy experts, or take on positions of agricultural leadership in Rwanda.
We are seeking an Extension Program Director to provide leadership and administration for extension programs in Conservation Agriculture, One Health, and Natural Resources. Ideal candidates will have a passion for farmer education outreach with a focus on conservation agriculture and systems thinking. The candidate will commit to the RICA teaching philosophy, which celebrates experiential learning that is founded in research and extends to the community. This position is a comprehensive teaching position whereby the successful candidate will be part of the teaching faculty and will provide and lead the extension component of the curriculum. His/her responsibilities include those listed below.
• Provide vision and dynamic leadership in the direction, administration, and management to grow RICA’s extension model to support local communities, the region, and
• Collaborate with faculty and staff in preparing students for careers as extension
• Proactively establish and manage extension-based partnerships with public, private, and community
• Support innovative applied research as the science base of RICA
• Facilitate the delivery of practical education and problem-solving assistance to Rwandan farmers, farmer cooperatives, and agri-businesses.
• Promote interdisciplinary and multi-functional programs with governmental leaders and agencies, NGOs, and the Agricultural Extension System to address the aims of the
• National Agricultural Extension Strategy, Vision 2050 the National Agricultural Policy, and the Strategic Plan for the Transformation of Agriculture.
• Provide education using appropriate and innovative technology and methods to reach diverse population
• Set standards for professional extension conduct exemplifying high integrity, openness, and accountability.
• Fulfill other responsibilities and duties as
• Fluent speaker of
• PhD in relevant degree in agriculture or natural resources; or a relevant MS and 5 or more years of recent, practical, and relevant
• Experience in developing and delivering extension education
• Experience in community engagement and mobilization.
• Enthusiasm for conservation agriculture, experiential learning, and team
• Experience in leading
• Fluent in
• Demonstrated extension success g. presentations, publications, awards.
• Demonstrated success in applied research supporting extension
• Demonstrated relevant management and leadership
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE RICA TEAM
Staff at RICA will be part of creating something unique in the world. While working with world-class educators and researchers, you will transform agriculture in Rwanda and East Africa for a conservation-minded and food-secure future. RICA staff also receive a salary commensurate with the applicant’s background, and a relocation allowance.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Fill/Upload the information required and submit the following documents in English to the link provided below. not later than 26th September 2021
Please combine your resume/CV with your degree certificate as one PDF file before you upload.
• Cover Letter summarizing intent and suitability for the
• A resume or
• Official degree certificate for highest degree
• Summary of the applicant’s extension and teaching experiences (500 words max).
• The applicant’s philosophy of extension education and how this aligns with the mission of RICA (500 words max).
• List of recommenders with contact information.
Application Link https://rica.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Review of applications will begin on 11st October 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
PDF icon Extension Director Position Description - Final Aug 2021bbf3c91cf4a12ea22f9eee874739f3de.pdf
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.