Jobs at:Shagasha Tea Company
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, November 12 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
3. Purpose of Job/Key objective:
• Will be part of the Management team, whose overall objective is to provide the best quality service as efficiently as possible to both its internal and external customers. Particular responsibility for production of clean trial balance, general ledger accounts analysis and monthly/quarterly management accounts.
4. Main responsibilities will be:
• Preparation of accurate and timeous monthly operating statements, trial balance, support schedules and management accounts in the prescribed format adhering to deadlines.
• Monthly review of general and subsidiary ledger reconciliations, ensuring content of reconciliations are accurate & there are no unexplained balances.
• Ensuring that ALL statutory returns filing and payments are adhered to as per statutory guidelines eg VAT, Withholding tax, EBM, Payroll taxes etc
• Review and approval of supplier invoices and payments into the system.
• Review and approval of Inventory receipts and issues into the system.
• Review of the monthly staff payroll.
• Weekly review of Cash and Imprest accounts and ensuring proper funding and bank reconciliations.
• Supervision and training of accounts and stores teams at Shagasha factory.
• Liaison and close working with the finance teams in Kigali Office.
• Monitoring application of policy, procedures and other control systems and putting in place corrective action on a routine basis ensuring due diligence and efficiency is applied in managing company assets.
• Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly revised budgets within stipulated deadlines.
• Coordinating internal and external audits.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
5. Skill Requirements:
• Demonstrated practical experience in the aforementioned areas.
• Ability to work independently while maintaining the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
• Excellent command of both oral and written English is essential.
• “People person” who is confident and has a positive personality.
• Strong organizational and time management skills are critical – must adhere to deadlines, multi-task and be able to prioritize.
• Ability to learn quickly and manage workload in a cooperative and demanding environment.
• Demonstrable in-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• In-depth knowledge of manual accounting systems, double entry and record keeping.
• Ability to utilize an electronic-based accounting and/or fund management system.
• Familiarity with Government of Rwanda taxation, employment and immigration policies.
In addition to the specific skills listed above, the qualities listed below will be essential:
• Exceptional work ethic, with strong values and principles – takes all opportunities to go above and beyond the basic expectations.
• Detail-oriented: an attention to detail for tasks with zero tolerance for errors.
• A self-motivated individual who can work under stress and meet deadlines.
• A positive attitude and open mind that approaches problems from all angles.
Qualifications & work experience:
• A University degree
• CPA or ACCA qualification progression
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar working environment.
Key conditions of service
Location: Shagasha Factory, Rusizi District
Hours: 8 a.m to 5 p.m
Salary: RWF 1,200,000 gross per month in arrears
Leave: 18 working days per annum pro rata
Probationary period: 3 months
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates who meet the above requirement for this job are required to send or submit their copy applications addressed to the Managing Director of Shagasha Tea Company LTD at the reception of SHAGASHA Tea Company or on Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com not later than 9th November 2023 at 5PM, their application should be accompanied by the following :
• Academic Certificates
• Curriculum Vitae (CVs) with at least three referees.
• Any other relevant testimonials.
• Sanjay Sharma
• Managing Director EATI
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.