Farmer Liaison Officer
Jobs at:Services Company Outgrowers Nyaruguru (North) Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SCON(N) is seeking to recruit a qualified, detail-oriented, dynamic and self-motivated individual to take up the role of Farmer Liaison Officer. Reporting to the General Manager, the role shall be responsible for handling smallholder farmer queries and coordinating the Farmer Field Schools programs.
• Raise awareness on SCON(N)’s mission, vision, and objectives to its Outgrowers and key partners;
• Build a good working relationship between SCON (N) and the local community and the Outgrowers;
• Receive, record, and proactively resolve farmer queries or conflicts that may arise between SCON(N) and farmers or other staff and local authorities and escalate where necessary to General Manager;
• Collect and analyze feedback from SCON(N) farmers to identify opportunities to improve the relationship between SCON and Outgrowers and to monitor how farmer livelihood is improving through working with SCON(N); and
• Maintain up-to-date Outgrowers files (Contract and other related documents).
• Farmer Field School Coordination and Administration
• Monitor and evaluate the quality of the training courses and the work of the trained facilitators at all levels to ensure that the training follows the basic principles;
• Contribute to the production of training materials and ensure their timely availability to the FFS participants;
• Provide advice on post activities follow-up of graduated FFS members;
• Assess and advise on SCON(N) Outgrowers family grievances that may arise and which are related to tea planting under SCON(N) scheme;
• Monitor and report health and safety issues within SCON catchment’s activities and households of SCON(N) outgrowers;
• Coordinate social welfare activities among SCON(N) stakeholders, draft applicable welfare policies, and assess compliance against existing ones;
• Emphasize on how SCON(N) farmers and partners should comply with rainforest alliance certification requirements, and health and safety matters;
• Compile reports on particular incidents, events, meetings, or updates on important issues for the business
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies.
• Sound tea farming knowledge, ideally with a Bachelors’ degree in an agricultural-related discipline.
• Familiarity with practical tea farming and farmers Field Schools (FFSs) matters is a must.
• At least three years proven working experience in a similar role.
• Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have good problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Good organization skills with the ability to multi-task.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=37750
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.