Jobs at:Services Company Outgrowers Nyaruguru (North) Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Date Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Services Company Outgrowers Nyaruguru (North) Ltd (SCON (N)) was established to support the planting of tea on approximately 3,400 Ha of land by 6,000 smallholder farmers. This is achieved through the provision of agronomic advice, Farmer Field School training, Finance, and Production Logistics and it is anticipated that our contribution shall have a significant systemic impact on the sector by providing at least 75% of the tea supply to Unilever’s new factory.
SCON(N) is seeking to recruit a self-motivated and proactive individual to take up the role of Field Accountant. Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the role shall be responsible for various project accounts ensuring proper account management and reporting of all assigned accounts that cut across more than one company.
• To monitor green leaf tea flow between the field and factory and maintenance of farmer green leaf data as necessary, ensuring that there are no unnecessary delays in the green leaf flow and if so, follow up with relevant authorities.
• To control and coordinate all matters relating to field office accounts including coordinating purchases, raising invoices for goods and services supplied, processing suppliers’ invoices, processing statutory payments, and chasing up debtors’ payment.
• Maintain and control field/casual workers payroll including daily attendance records and reconciliation to number of workers present.
• Maintain and control tea nursery data and ensuring accurate allocation of data.
• Maintain updated and accurate records of all inputs issued to farmers and reconcile them with purchased goods and ensure all are invoiced to farmers.
• To maintain updated farmer ageing report
• Maintain an updated fixed asset register always reconciled with HIT
• Prepare monthly management accounts and annual financial statements.
• To coordinate cash requirements and assist with collection on paydays.
• To assist in the budget process where appropriate and prepare field office budgets.
• Prepare weekly bank and petty cash reconciliations and maintain field office petty cash.
• Handle daily backups of the accounting information system.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by superior from time to time.
Key qualifications, skills and competencies.
• Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics or relevant equivalent field.
• Professional qualification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or ACCA qualification.
• A minimum of 4 years accounting experience in a similar working environment.
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
• Detail-oriented: an attention to detail for tasks with zero tolerance for errors and proactiveness to probe further into data.
• Deadline-orientated with strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and stick to time constraints is critical.
• Ability to work independently while maintaining the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
• Excellent command of both oral and written English is essential.
• Ability to learn quickly and manage workload in a cooperative and demanding environment.
• Demonstrable in-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with Government of Rwanda taxation, employment policies.
• Expected to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and integrity and conduct yourself in a manner that is beyond reproach at all times.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application file (CV, Academic certificate, and cover letter) via the Apply for this job not later than the 17th of September 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.