Finance & Accounts Officer
Jobs at:ASA International (Rwanda) Plc
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, June 26 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About ASA International (Rwanda) PLC
• ASA International (Rwanda) Plc (subsequently referred to as “ASA Rwanda” or the Company), is a subsidiary of ASA International Holding Ltd. that is a Public Limited Company registered in Mauritius. ASA Rwanda was registered in 2014 and is licensed by Central Bank of Rwanda (BNR) as a deposit-taking microfinance institution. The Company started operations in 2016 and is currently working countrywide with thirty (30) branches. It aims specially to work for alleviating poverty through providing small, socially responsible loans to low-income entrepreneurs, most of whom are women, across the Country. The Company has a strong commitment to financial inclusion and socioeconomic progress. the country. It is to be noted that, ASA International Group Plc has established microfinance institutions in thirteen (13) countries in Asia and Africa in a bid to bring low-income people in the financial system and is listed on London Stock Exchange.
• The Finance and Accounts Officer is primarily in charge of the organization's financial activity, accounting, reporting and assist in management of cash flows, asset levels and liability obligations and other tasks assigned.
Key duties and responsibility
• Responsible for ensuring the timely funding, disbursements for the company.
• Managing and reporting on the Foreign currency exposures of the company.
• Daily cash management and debt facilities reporting.
• Dealing with fixed assets management and related accounts
• Prepare bank reconciliations for review for bank accounts on a timely basis.
• Assist in preparing and submitting all statutory obligations and returns in accordance with required timetable.
• Dealing with other assets and liabilities reconciliations and follow up.
• Assist in budget preparation, revision and monthly budget monitoring.
• Generally, assist in the month end close process to meet target reporting dates.
• Responsible for the reconciliation and accuracy for all debt and interest expense accounts.
• Recording daily transactions into the accounting system on time.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of controls with respect to cash flow management.
• Preparation of financial reports required by local and group management
• Prepare, monitor, and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
• Other related tasks as deemed necessary by the business.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• CPA or ACCA intermediate level required.
• At least 2 + years of progressive audit or tax experience in audit firms required.
• Experience working for banking experience is preferred.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel required.
• Analytical thinking and sound judgment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong organizational and research skills with a thorough understanding of finance and accounting principles, procedures, and techniques.
• Confidentiality and ethical behavior,
• Teamwork and time consciousness,
• Basic understanding of financial and tax regulations in Rwanda
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in English. Good listening skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills; decision-making skills.
• Attention to detail, ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information, good planning and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task.
• High degree of professionalism.
Salary & Benefits:
• Competitive salary based on experience.
• In-house Medical Insurance covering him/her and legal dependents as company policy
• Communication allowances as per company policy
• Monitoring allowance as per company policy
• Annual Salary Increment as per company policy
• Festival Allowance as per company policy
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Cover Letter included the candidate’s expected salary; Detailed CV; Copy of CPA/ACCA Certificate, copy of Degree; Work certificates from previous employers; any other document that may prove a candidate’s competency to the post; Copy of ID Card.
• Applications should be addressed to the Managing Director of ASA International (Rwanda) Plc located in Kigali City, Gasabo District, Gisozi Sector, Ruhango Cell, Plot No. – 95, NTORA Village, KG 784 St.
• Online Application to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line mentioning Finance & Accounts Officer. Submission of Application should be before 26th June 2023 at 5:00 PM. Please note that only candidates with the needed qualifications and relevant experience will be shortlisted. If you do not hear from us in 2 weeks after the deadline, know that you are not meeting our requirements.
• ASA International (Rwanda) PLC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to attract and select a diverse workforce, ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, class, ethnicity, disability, location, and religion. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
• Done at Kigali, on 13 /June / 2023
• Approved by:
• Md. Jamilur Rahman Chowdhury
• Managing Director
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.