Africa Healthcare Network Rwanda LTD
Jobs at:Finance Assistant
Deadline of this Job:
25 February 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Africa Healthcare Network (AHN) is building the first dialysis chain across East Africa, providing high-quality, life-saving dialysis at an affordable cost to both the local patient population and patients from neighboring countries, which do not have centres of their own. AHN brings world-class technical expertise combined with developing world practical operating experience to a region in dire need of quality dialysis treatment. In North America, over 97% of patients requiring treatment for kidney disease receive care; in East Africa, less than 5% receive care. AHN's goal is to increase access to high quality care at a lower cost to patients, delivered through a sustainable business model. AHN is undergoing rapid growth in Rwanda and is looking for a finance assistant that will support continuous ethical management of financial transactions and work closely with the Financial Controller (FO), Operations Manager, CEO and Country Head to build the business. .
Duties and responsibilities
• Executing daily transactions classification and recording keeping using Microsoft excel.
• Posting transactions on Quick Books basing on accrual accounting principle.
• Updating accounts payables and receivables on Microsoft excel spreadsheets and on Quick Books, basing on payments, debit notes, and credit notes.
• Analyzing financial data using Microsoft excel functions.
• Maintain confidentiality when dealing with all files and correspondence
• Facilitating preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Monitor, evaluate and report on daily clinical bills and trackers.
• Support writing of progress and annual reports.
• Support the development of information and policy.
• Administrative and project liaison support.
• Follow-up report submission and disbursement of funds.
• Assist the due diligence processes of potential partners.
• Maintain and regularly update travel plans and provide updated reports to the team.
• Communicate with travel agencies to obtain estimated fares.
• Reconcile travel expenditures for all team members and submit them for authorization and payment.
• The post holder may additionally be called upon to undertake any other duties and tasks appropriate to the role and level of the position.
• Perform any other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or CPA Certification.
• 1 - 2 years of experience in Finance, Accountancy or operations management
• Strong understanding of IAS, IFRSs, ISAs, and Rwanda tax laws.
• Work experience in healthcare sector is a plus
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience building and maintaining customer and supplier relationships
• Ability to work through sensitive political contexts and develop strong relationships with government officials and multilateral organizations
• Strong work ethic and flexibility, respectful of local norms and culture, ability to work with humility and urgency
• High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook • Exceptional written and oral communications skills
• Speaks fluent English
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here Interested candidates can submit their CV/Resume, Cover letter and any relevant certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.