Jobs at:African Institute for Mathematical Sciences
Deadline of this Job:
09 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training in mathematical sciences, research and public engagement in STEM. Its mission is to enable Africa's brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa's future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon and Rwanda.
Each AIMS Centre provides expertly tailored academic and non-academic programs, training around 50 African students each year and preparing them for leadership in the domains of academia, government and industry. The AIMS academic program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Finance Assistant, AIMS Secretariat!
As the Finance Assistant, your responsibilities may vary from time to time, depending on the needs and tasks arising. You will undertake general accounting and transactions including the payment of invoices, expenses and service agreements once they have been approved and submitted for payment processing. You will also be in charge of verifying, checking supporting documentation and ensuring they are in order for payment to be effected, entering of expenses in the accounting system, doing reconciliation of staff advances, supporting with the selection of source documentations during the audits and perform any other duties that may be assigned by your Supervisor.
This is a full-time opportunity based at AIMS Secretariat, Kigali-Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
• A university degree in Finance or Business Administration;
• An accounting designation – Part (CPA/CGA/CMA/CA);
• Minimum one year of relevant work experience;
• Knowledge in SAGE accounting and MS Excel; self-sufficient with MS Word;
• Hands-on experience with regulatory requirements, with particular knowledge of non-profit nuances;
• Bilingual (English/French) with the ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing in both official languages;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to build and manage a variety of internal and external relationships, including relationships with donors and within a multi-cultural organization;
• Experience handling multi-currency transactions;
• Self-directed with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines;
• Flexible to adapt to an evolving environment.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Click on this link to apply. Applications will be accepted until September 9, 2022.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer. Visit www.nexteinstein.org to learn more about AIMS.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.