Jobs at:The Biodiversity Conservation Organization (BIOCOOR)
Deadline of this Job:
28 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Biodiversity Conservation Organization (BIOCOOR) is a legally registered Non Government Organization in Rwanda with the Legal Personality N° 777/RGB/NGO/LP/11/2021. BIOCOOR has been created mainly by young people dedicated to act and to advocate for biodiversity conservation, ecotourism promotion, community health, environmental management, and climate change mitigation and adaptation. The BIOCOOR headquarters are in Nyamagabe and Huye districts of the Southern Province of Rwanda. The organization geographical focus is five districts near the Nyungwe National Park plus Huye and Gisagara districts. It integrates conservation projects and sustainable economic development for the communities surrounding Nyungwe National Park. Local farmers near the Nyungwe National Park live in extreme poverty due to the acidic soil, which results in a low crop yield. Poor farming conditions have led to illegal activities, such as poaching and deforestation, as a means to survive. These activities damage the environment, so BIOCOOR is trying to preserve the forest, while simultaneously influencing the economic development of the people living near the NNP. The Organization is working toward integrating biodiversity conservation, farming, nutrition, environmental management, community health, and ecotourism, to positively affect the local economy. These practices help save the forest, too, because the resources are unharmed, and the park helps attract tourists, which creates revenue for the local communities. BIOCOOR has launched projects to promote youth entrepreneurship, safe water and sanitation practices, agro ecological practices, the removal of invasive plants that damage the forest, as well as soil improvement and composting. BIOCOOR also includes Information Communication Technology training to teach the local youth on how to use technology to communicate effectively.
FINANCE ASSISTANT JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the accountant in providing financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
• Assist the accountant in Preparing asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Assist the accountant in Documenting financial transactions by entering account information.
• Assist the accountant in Recommending financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Assist the accountant in Summarizing current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Assist the accountant to Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Assist the accountant in the Reconciling of financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing database backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Work as an Administrative Assistant
• Work as a cashier
• Manage the BIOCOOR Office
• Manage the BIOCOOR logistics
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
• Accounting Skills
• Reporting Skills
• Attention to Detail
• Reporting Research Results
• Time Management
• Computer skills
• Data Entry Management
• General Mathematic Skills
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, tourism management, economics, logistics, or other related fields
• At least 3 Years of experience in accounting, finance, or management with proven track record
• Experience with financial reporting requirements
• Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
Desired date to start: 01/07/2022
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
if you are interested, please send the application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com not later than 28/06/2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the exam. BIOCOOR is an equal opportunity employer and transparency, coordination, competence, and communication are our values.
Done at Nyamagabe on 16/06/2022
Dr Ange IMANISHIMWE, PhD
Country Executive Director for BIOCOOR
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.