Finance Controller (Rwanda & Goma, DRC)
Jobs at:Jibu Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, April 02 2023
Date Posted:Sunday, April 02 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duty Station: Rwanda Ofﬁce
Reports To: Regional Director/ MD Rwanda.
Jibu Rwanda is looking for a Finance Controller who will be responsible for helping Jibu to achieve volume, expansion, proﬁtability (cost savings and total revenue), and impact targets as deﬁned by the Jibu management and in line with the Jibu mission and objectives.
The Job Purpose of the Finance Controller is to ensure ﬁnancial health of the business and determine the ﬁnancial business metrics to lead the company towards proﬁtability. Speciﬁcally, to undertake all aspects of ﬁnancial management, including accounting, regulatory and ﬁnancial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, development and implementation of internal control policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Invoicing and Revenue Collection
• Prepare all invoices (franchise network fees, supply of products to franchises (bottles) and other income/receivables) in the accounting software (Netsuite)
• Lead the communication with Franchisees regarding all invoices, arrears, discounts, etc.
• Oversee the Accounts Receivables management and collections through enforcing the AR policy to ensure that all accounts are current.
• Financial Intelligence and Analysis. Netsuite usage is important.
2. Budgeting and Financial Planning
• Lead and facilitate the annual budgeting process, coordinating input from across all departments and provide input to the annual budget and business plan of the company
• Prepare and monitor performance against forecasts and budgets
• Execute monthly cash-ﬂow planning (account receivable collections, accounts payables and payments/disbursements)
• Oversee and maintain budgetary control to ensure effective revenue management, cost management (value for money) and providing ﬁnancial advice and commercial insights to the Country Director and Executive team
• Support CFO in ﬁnancial planning, board reporting and building of business pro-forma/ﬁnancial projections
• Support the franchisees in key aspects of ﬁnancial management
3. Financial control and Accounting
• Responsible for timely monthly/quarterly/annual closing of all accounts
• Ensure timely and accurate posting, balancing and reconciliations of the general ledger
• Ensure monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, cash, sales and all inventories and stocks.
• Ensure that all proper procedures have been followed approvals have been obtained for ﬁnancial transactions
• Ensure all cash/credit sales transactions are timely recorded in the accounting system
• Manage all aspects of cost accounting (including landed cost accounting) and inventory control for both Jibuco and company owned stores including stock counts and stock reconciliations
• Develop, implement and review business processes, procedures and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls over cash/bank, inventory, intercompany transactions, accounts receivables, accounts payables, payments and reporting
4. Reporting and Audit Management
• Produce monthly/quarterly ﬁnancial reports providing variance analysis and in-depth understanding of the key
• drivers of the business performance.
• Leading and coordinating the annual external audit to meet reporting deadlines
• Research technical accounting issues for compliance (IFRS, IAS standards)
5. Compliance and Banking
• Manage relationships with the Company's banks and ensure needs are met on a timely basis
• Accountable for full tax and regulatory compliance of the business (Statutory returns, CIT, PAYE, RSSB, VAT, EXCISE TAX, WHT, etc.)
• Experience Requirements
• 5+ years of experience in the Finance department in a similar role with a for-proﬁt business which
• operates in multiple locations and in several currencies.
• Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Required professional qualiﬁcation CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures including IFRS and IASs.
• Demonstrable experience with preparing ﬁnancial statements, management accounting (costing, unit economics)
• Demonstrated experience with complex budgets and forecasts prepared in Excel and daily and monthly monitoring of actual vs. budget.
• High levels of proﬁciency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent accounting software experience. Netsuite experience is an added advantage
• Strong focus on controls and processes and high attention to detail
• Strong communication skills for engaging with business partners and ensuring processes are being followed
• Strong people manager who can evidence experience in leading, mentoring, and providing clear guidance to junior ﬁnance staff
• Conﬁdence to challenge senior opinions and maintain positive working relationships
• Fluent in English , French and Kinyarwanda
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested? Apply using this link to ﬁll out the application form. If you have any issues contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline: Please submit your application by March 30th, 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.