Finance Coordinator Kumwe Hub
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, August 24 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Role:
• Save the Children (SC) is the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
• Finance Coordinator you will be responsible for providing financial management support to Kumwe Hub on all it is programming and investments. This position is responsible for the day to day financial planning and reporting. This includes maintaining the strongest financial controls, budget preparation and monitoring, expense reclassifications and financial reporting as well as other financial related activities. Any space capacity being used to support similar functions more broadly for the Save the Children country office.
Qualifications and experience
• Prepares Kumwe hub awards budgets, phase and upload them in our finance tracking system ‘Agresso’.
• Prepares Kumwe Hub monthly financial reports, Budget Vs Actuals (BVAs) and other required reports
• Regularly analyses Kumwe Hub awards expenses and reclassifies wrong entries to align the expenses to budget lines
• Reviews Kumwe Hub contracts that are related to loans, purchases and other services and advise Kumwe Hub team accordingly.
• Reviews Kumwe Hub payment documents to check if properly documented and advise accordingly
• Have weekly Humwe Hub meetings to provide clarifications on expenses and the Director and the wider team on spending per each award.
• Make a follow up for Kumwe Hub staff time sheets and make sure that they are completed according to budget line percentages.
• Provide other financial support that is required by Kumwe Hub on a day to day basis.
• Prepare time sheet coding allocations for support staff and circulate them by 20th of every month.
• Work with budget holders to phase out awards and upload the same in agresso
• Create DEAs for all approved awards and share the same to finance and budget holders
• Run BVAs for all awards and send them to finance staff and budget holders on 15th every month
• Analyze BVAs reports and reclassify wrong entries on monthly basis
• Do asset physical inventoy with logistics and reconcile TIM with agresso on quarterly basis
• Support financial planning and reporting coordinator in budgeting, budget revision and reporting of awards during busy seasons
• Act for financial reporting and coordinator while on leave.
• We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
• This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
• We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
• SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education:
Job application procedur
• Deadline for receiving applications is 24th August 2023.
• We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
• *Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
• *Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.