Jobs at:IntraHealth International
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
IntraHealth International is currently seeking a Finance Director for an upcoming project in Rwanda. The activity seeks to accelerate reductions in maternal, newborn, and child morbidity and mortality by partnering with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to strengthen the capacity of host-country institutions and local organizations to improve equitable access and utilization of high-quality, evidence-based, and respectful public health services. Focus areas include maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (MNCAH); family planning (FP) and reproductive health (RH); and malaria prevention and treatment.
The Finance Director is a key member of the project leadership team, responsible for providing fiscal leadership, ensuring the project can effectively and responsibly use USAID resources to meet projects goals. The role is responsible for the financial systems of the project, including project budgeting, financial monitoring, meeting legal, auditing, and contractual responsibilities, and coordinating with state financial officers. The Finance Director is the principal financial representative for country office and coordinates financial support to project zones. The Director develops project financial plans, to include monitoring and reporting systems that meet USG requirements and manages contracting activities. The position also manages all administrative and procurement activities and assure compliance with organizational and donor policies. This position reports to the Chief of Party and collaborates closely with technical team and US-based staff from the IntraHealth Chapel Hill office.
• Establish or strengthen accounting and financial systems for the project in compliance with USAID regulations and IntraHealth policies and procedures.
• Document, maintain, and ensure compliance with updated finance and administration policies for entire project.
• Prepare and submit monthly financial reports to headquarters in North Carolina.
• Maintain general ledger and balance sheets and manage cash flow, including preparing and submitting funds requests to headquarters.
• Prepare budget variance reports with projections for program year on monthly basis and work with program team to ensure timely spending.
• Develop project procurement plans and ensure proper procurement policies and guidelines are followed when purchasing project supplies and equipment.
• Maintain payroll system including tracking benefits and allowances, ensuring compliance with all applicable taxes and tax reporting.
• Manage organizational risk and liability, particularly related to ensuring compliance with all relevant USAID regulations and local laws.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.