Jobs at:University of Kigali
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 21 2023
Date Posted: Friday, June 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• University of Kigali, wishes to recruit a Finance Director who will be responsible for overseeing all financial activities, reporting on revenue, training accounting staff, budgeting, disbursing funds to departments, managing risk, implementing policies, and improving financial processes. He/she will oversee the University's financial operations, creating a solid foundation upon which the University can financially grow.
1. Providing strategic and financial guidance to ensure that the company’s financial commitments are met
2. Developing all necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company’s business
3. Direct and control finance staff to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and developed and so that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
4. Contribute to the achievement of the company’s business objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
5. Develop and control the company’s annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met and financial and statutory regulations complied with.
6. Provide financial advice and guidance to the company’s managers and staff to enable them to achieve their objectives.
7. Oversee the preparation of the company’s financial accounts to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time.
8. Develop and implement an internal audit programme to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and regulations.
9. Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company.
10. Monitor external contracts and services provided by suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively and provide the best value to the company.
11. Carry out all necessary actions to ensure that the company meets its financial and legal obligations
12. Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, Management, and clients in formal meetings.
1. Master’s degree in accounting, finance or any other relevant field.
2. Certified Public Accountant
3. Previous working experience as Director of Finance for a period not less than 3 years
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications particularly advanced excel, and accounting packages
5. High level of integrity and confidentiality.
6. Ability to work under pressure.
7. Good communication skills both oral and in writing.
8. Strong analytical skills.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All interested candidates should submit an application package that includes the following:
(1) A cover letter;
(2) A comprehensive CV giving details of three referees;
(3) Copies of the academic credentials with transcripts and any other testimonials;
Please address your application to the Vice Chancellor University of Kigali and send to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 21st June, 2023.
ONLY Online applications will be accepted and ONLY qualified candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.