Finance & Grants Management Coordinator
Jobs at:ActionAid Rwanda (AAR)
Deadline of this Job:
29 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance & Grants Management Coordinator
ActionAid Rwanda (AAR) is a local non-Governmental organization and an Affiliate Member of ActionAid Global Federation, an Anti-Poverty Agency working with the poor. AAR has had its operations in Rwanda since 1982, due to effects of the 1994 Genocide Against Tutsi, AAR resumed its operations in 1997 as a full Country Program and has contributed towards eradication of Poverty and Injustice with a focus on tackling their root causes. AAR has a very strong commitment to supporting and empowering women and children as well as Promoting their Rights through Campaigns, Sensitizations and Advocacy.
AAR’s vision is a Country without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys their right to life of dignity and mission is work with people living in poverty with focus on women and girls to eradicate poverty and injustice.
Purpose Of the Job
The role is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Office finance activities as well as supporting the Country Office Finance Team to provide effective financial management to the Affiliate Programme. The position holder also provides accounting support to the AAR Country Programmes Finance function.
The Job Holder is also responsible for effective Grant Management including generating Grant reports to the AAR Country Team.
The Major Responsibilities Include:
Financial Management and Reporting
• Supervise the processing of all transactions to ensure compliance with the LFPPM
• Review all reconciliations to ensure that un-reconciled items are properly investigated and corrected on a timely basis
• Review legal documents and advise management on the financial viability or otherwise of such documents as well as the compliance of provisions of such documents to the LFPPM
• Ensure that procurement processes are in line with the LFPPM provisions and that items procured provide value for money for the organisation
• Provide monthly/quarterly organisational performance updates to Senior Management on a timely basis;
• Provide customised reports to budget holders in line with their requests and support them to reconcile their budgets with actual expenditure
• Ensure timely acquisition of funds from AAI and other sources as shall be determined by the Head of Finance
• Ensure optimum value for foreign exchange deals and prompt transfer of funds to avoid exposing the AAR to cash crises
• Ensure timely transfer of funds to the regional offices
• Ensure prompt update of banking details and signatories and liaise with regional accountants to ensure prompt update of signatories to all accounts in line with the LFPPM provisions
• Conduct monthly cash count of all foreign exchange petty cash and reconcile cash at hand with cash book balance
Budgets and Budgetary Control
• Support budget holders in the Kigali office to prepare their plans and budgets and complete activity templates in line with guidelines submitted by Head of Finance
• Review budgets and activity costing submitted for approval and recommend appropriate action to management
• Consolidate the Affiliate’s Programme budget and reconcile with the income allocation as approved by SMT
• Load cash flow into SUN after budget has been approved by the AAIR management
• Review requests for virements and ensure that such requests comply with the LFPPM provisions and recommend appropriate action to SMT
• Supervise monthly preparation of staff salaries to ensure that staff salaries are paid on time in line with statutory requirements
• Review all payroll documents and recommend appropriate action to EMT
• Prepare payroll data and compared with previous payroll information on a monthly basis and reconcile any difference thereon
• Conduct a monthly review of all payroll related control accounts and ensure that the accounts have nil balances and investigate any outstanding balances
• Ensure that all statutory deductions and staff benefits are properly computed and paid on a timely basis
Financial Management of Policy and GRLRP/VRLRP
• Review partners’ work plan and financial reports and recommend appropriate action to SMT
• Conduct quarterly expenditure verification of GA&VRLRP and recommend appropriate action for addressing capacity gaps identified
• Support capacity building of partners and non-finance staff on financial management
• Support development of concept notes and proposals for the GA&VRLRP by providing appropriate costing for concept notes and proposals
• Support development of codes for project activities to support automation of project reports
• Develop unique codes for all donor projects and donors in SUN
• Support development of automated reports for all donor projects
• Provide appropriate donor reports and analysis on a timely basis for all projects in the GA&VRLRP and follow up and answer all queries thereon
• Support the preparation of annual accounts for the AP
• Support annual audit processes for the AP
• Perform other functions as may be directed by management
SHEA and Safeguarding, Assurance Policies, Gender Lens & Feminist Leadership Principles Compliance
• Ensure compliance of SHEA and Safeguarding Policy in place and adhered to by the Organization.
• Ensure Compliance of Assurance Policy within the AAR, Partners and Stakeholders working with AAR
• Ensure Feminist Leadership Principles are applied in all your actions
• Having a bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Accounting
• Having Completed ACCA, CPA is an added value
• 6 years of relevant experience in a Finance department preferably in an NGO setting
• Long term experience in donor reporting especially for EU, UN, USAID funded projects
• Membership of relevant professional Institute
• Must have good knowledge of the use of accounting software (knowledge of SUN Accounting and Vision Executive will be an a must).
• Must have strong knowledge of internal controls and budget/cash flow monitoring.
• Must have a good knowledge of regional and international accounting standards.
• Demonstrable commitment to supportive team working
• Creative and takes initiative.
• Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
• Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to meet tight deadlines
• Self-motivated person able to work without supervision
• Effectively promote the AAR’s mission values, and objectives
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should submit in filled application form through this Link: APPLICATON FORM FOR FINANCE AND GRANTS COORDINATOR
and send to Rwanda.firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 29th July 2022 at 5:00 pm. Indicate in the subject line: Finance & Grants Management Coordinator.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer and candidates will be expected to embody ActionAid’s values and adhere to organization policies including the Safeguarding Policy and the Child Protection Policy, among other ActionAid policies.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.