Jobs at:Norrsken East Africa
Deadline of this Job:
23 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Managing Director at Norrsken East Africa: Building Africa's biggest hub for startups in Kigali.
We are hiring a superstar Finance Lead to join our East Africa team and help build the biggest hub for entrepreneurs in the region.
About the role
As a Finance lead you will be in charge of our finances, making sure we maximize the worth of every penny spent. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Develop and follow up Norrsken East Africa’s overall budget;
• Develop business cases for individual smaller and larger projects;
• Conduct analysis of financial actuals in order to highlight operational performance issues and opportunities to better use our resources and provide actionable recommendations based on the insights;
• Manage finance processes as the link to our external accountants (e.g. ensure invoicing, receive invoices and assure attest flows);
• Project lead implementation of identified opportunities (e.g. cost reductions, pricing changes etc.) together with the team.
Who you are
• You want to make the world a better place, and believe entrepreneurship and business models are great driving forces for this;
• You are positive and contribute to a dynamic and driven team culture;
• You love numbers, digging into excel files and finding simple solutions to complex problems;
• You have project management experience, and can use the insights from your financial analysis to help colleagues focus their energy right;
• You have great stakeholder management skills, and experience from working in international organizations.
A job at Norrsken is more like working at a startup. It’s a fast-paced and exciting place to work. Tasks and challenges may be demanding, responsibilities may change over time, but we guarantee that in return we will fast-forward your personal and professional development. Ten years from now, you will be proud of the projects and ideas you have developed and acted on together with us.
Norrsken Foundation is on a mission to put a positive ding in the universe. In our first five years of existence we’ve created Europe’s largest impact Hub in Stockholm, launched the world’s largest early-stage impact VC fund, founded some 10 companies and given birth to our own Impact Accelerator programme. We also continue to gather some of the world’s greatest thinkers in the recurring end-of-summer Impact Week, aimed at challenging decision makers and celebrating role models. On top of this, we are constructing East Africa’s largest hub for startups in Kigali, and founded one of Africa’s largest VC funds: Norrsken 22.
...But we’re only getting started. We’re now ready for the next stage of our growth journey, and we’re looking for top-tier talent to join our mission of helping entrepreneurs solve the world’s greatest challenges.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.