Jobs at:The New Times
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The New Times .
• Responsible for the financial health of a company. Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding the management in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
• Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the department.
• Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
• Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company.
• Research and analyze financial reports and market trends.
• Provide insightful information and expectations to the management to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
• Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
• Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
• Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
• Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
• Overseeing the flow of cash and financial instruments.
• Planning and directing the activities of workers in the department.
• Preparing reports as required by law, regulations or company policies
• Ensuring compliance with applicable laws and procedures
• Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to the management while recommending further courses of action.
• Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
• Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
• Develop trends and projections for the company’s finances.
• Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
• Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
• Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
• Liase with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
• Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
• Cultivating and maintaining relations with the company’s stakeholders and partners. eg Banks, clients etc.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Proven experience as a Financial Manager
• Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
• Proficient user of finance software
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
• A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
• Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
• Problem-solving skills and initiative
• Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others
• Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
• The capacity to make quick but rational decisions
• Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.