Deadline of this Job:
13 June 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At Wastezon, we are on a mission of leveraging cutting-edge technologies to create a waste-free world. Instead of dumping their electronic waste, Wastezon facilitates households to sell their e-waste to recyclers, earn perks while providing resources to Recyclers. Through traceability, sorting, and collection services, over 480 tons of e-waste have been transacted through our app, diverting an equivalent amount of 2650 tons of carbon emissions. We have received Qitcom Startup Hub Prize and UK’s Build Magazine has recognized us as East Africa’s Top E-waste Solutions Provider. In alignment, with the circular economy, we strongly believe that each material should be repurposed, reused, or recycled to minimize waste. As a sustainability-centric company, we champion a sustainable lifestyle, accompanied by transparency and teamwork because we believe that to build a waste-free world we need joint efforts that leverage openness and trustworthiness to drive impact.
Learn more; https://wastezon.com/
We are on the hunt for a Finance Manager who will oversee day-to-day finance and administration activities. From maintaining accounting systems, budgeting, forecasting to reporting and business development, the Finance Manager will be integral to the business, while recording, analyzing financial data and metrics, to provide informed recommendations.
Some of the day-to-day tasks consist of;
• Liaising with the executive team to create, review and monitor the budgets.
• Preparing and maintain accounting systems & periodic financial forecasts.
• Developing quarterly and annual financial statements and reports.
• Overseeing and track the company transactions and organize relevant documentations.
• Coordinating related financial-legal compliance including tax & obligations.
• Assisting the executive team in developing the financial aspects of contracts.
• Performing project profitability analysis leveraging the competition landscape and market trends.
• Supporting business expansion strategies by consulting with the executive team on finance strategies.
• Liaising with the executive team in fundraising and establishing investor relationships.
• Performing other related financial administrative tasks as assigned by the executive team.
• BSc/BA in Finance, Accounting, or another related field.
• At least 2 years of experience preferably in SMEs/Startup settings.
• Strong background in financial regulation, reporting, and fundraising.
• Familiarity with accounting data entry and analysis tools
• Possess great integrity, interpersonal skills, and teamwork spirit.
• Ability to work independently mostly in remote settings.
• Proven ability to exercise sound judgment, and maintain confidentiality.
• The role is mainly remote but the candidate should be based in Kigali
A salary commensurated by experience and professional background is provided.
Start Date: As soon as Possible
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.