Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, May 23 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, May 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Finance manager position
RNI seeks to hire a leader with the skills and experience to design and implement financial systems. The project will soon shift from operating as a program of an NGO to operating as an independent NGO, so we need to establish standard operating systems for a well-run organization. We also have built an innovative loan fund that lends to vulnerable youth, and need financial systems to track and increase their access to finance. This new Manager will design and implement systems to establish our innovative organization and empower our talented staff as we increase our activity and impact.
General responsibilities for all Rungano-Ndota program staff:
• Participate constructively in the RNI community and establish friendly relationships with youth
• Help design and facilitate Rungano Program Days
• Be able to provide holistic advising on both leadership progress, entrepreneurship and personal wellness
• Help design and facilitate in RNI Business Bootcamp and Business Idea Generation Day
• Actively participate the RNI organized virtual events
• Participate in Monitoring and Evaluation
• Support colleagues with their responsibilities through feedback and teamwork
Responsibilities for this particular job:
• Oversee the financial management of the organization, ensuring that all financial transactions and reports are accurate and up-to-date.
• Participate in developing, maintaining, and analyzing budgets
• Participate in developing grant proposals
• Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Monitor cash flow and manage banking relationships, including reconciliations and cash disbursements.
• Prepare financial reports and presentations for the Board of Directors and other stakeholders as required.
• Handle human resources payroll and benefits processes
• Manage procurement and logistics, including sourcing of goods and services, negotiating contracts, and managing relationships with vendors.
• Work closely with the senior management team to develop and implement financial strategies that support the goals of the organization.
• Provide financial analysis and recommendations to support decision-making by senior management.
• Liaise with external stakeholders, especially in the context of hosting a delegation from U.S., to ensure that all financial and logistical requirements are met.
• Keep inventory of assets and maintain the information such as asset description value and location.
• Design and implement training for RNI staff in areas like accounting and record-keeping, to help staff in their work with youth businesses
Finance manager will work under the supervision of Rungano-Ndota Program manager
Essential Qualifications and Required Skills:
All Rungano-Ndota staff:
• Possess reliable, clear teamwork communication style, with colleagues, youth, and external partners
• Possess deep understanding of the barriers faced by youth who are not in formal education and employment – coupled with equal belief in their potential for success
• Demonstrate ability to build positive, empowering relationships with vulnerable youth
• Have high integrity and ethical behavior in all they do
• Are Rwandan by nationality and thoroughly understand the context of the country
• Are young themselves, because the work requires flexibility, travels, and working with youth
• Have mid to high level skills in MS Word and Excel
• Are fluent in spoken and written Kinyarwanda and English
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the organization.
For this particular job, the candidate should possess:
• At least A0 in finance,, management, accounting or related field
• A minimum of not less than 3 years related professional experience, preferably having worked in NGOs, public entities and or reputable private sector organizations
• Leadership capacity to join this growing initiative as the third person on our national staff team
• Ability to work with various financial management software as an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application through email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org . Include a cover letter and CV. In your cover letter, you are welcome to explain any parts of your professional, academic, or personal life experience that truly motivate you to pursue this job.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.