Jobs at:FAWE Rwanda Chapter
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, May 22 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, May 18 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Purpose: The core purpose of “Finance Manager” (FM) is to support NC in managing FAWE finances and property, ensuring financial stability and sustainability at FAWE, regular financial reporting, and superintending over logistics.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE AREAS
The duties, responsibilities and performance areas are as follows:
Financial management Weight: 35%
• Set up and maintain sound financial system that is capable of tracking, accurately, FAWE’s incomes expenses, liabilities and assets, and from which reliable financial reports shall be generated as and when required.
• Ensure regular and timely reconciliation of bank accounts.
• Ensure an effective filing system that is capable of easy access to financial data and information, as well as effective audit trail.
• Ensure proper internal control and implementation of established financial policies and procedures.
• Lead and coordinate the preparation of periodic financial budgets (quarterly, annually).
• Review budget execution reports and query any budget variances.
• Provide support to programme officers in the preparation of event budgets.
• Plan and manage cash flows to ensure uninterrupted flow of operational activities.
• Ensure FAWE finances are spent on only eligible and allowable activities.
• Manage FAWE bank accounts.
• Ensure full compliance with tax laws to ensure prevention of tax penalties.
Accounting & financial reporting Weight 35%
• Maintain proper books of accounts on the basis of which financial statements that present a true and fair view of the financial affairs of FAWE shall be prepared:
• Post supplier invoices on accrual basis
• Post journals (adjustments only)
• Post income transactions (grants, etc – directly credited to bank accounts)
• Review and approve transactions posted by the accountant
• Ensure integrity of the general ledger
• Prepare and submit regular financial reports (monthly, quarterly, annually)
• Ensure the financial reports comply with funding partner requirements as to format and content, as well as the prevailing legal requirements.
• Regularly liaise with external auditors and ensure timely submission of audit reports, and follow-up implementation of agreed audit recommendations.
• Regularly liaise with the audit committee of EC and ensure its internal audit responsibilities are caried out with ease, and follow-up implementation of agreed audit recommendations.
Administration & logistics Weight: 15%
• Review any contract prior to signature and ensure compliance with applicable laws, FAWE policies and provisions of funding partner agreements.
• Review and authorize (or decline) petty cash transactions as necessary.
• Maintain a Register of Fixed assets and bi-annually verify the existence of the assets in comparison with the record in the Register
• Superintend over the maintenance of payrolls.
• Process tax declarations by due dates (CIT for Exempt entities), and ensure compliance with RRA declarations (all other taxes: PAYE, VAT, RSSB, WHT).
• Support NC in performance evaluation of staff who are in his/her reporting line.
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Holder of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or ACCA qualification. Being a member of the Institute of Certifi4d Public Accountants of Rwanda is an advantage.
• Being a holder of a Bachelors degree in accounting or financial management is an added advantage.
• At least 5 (five) years working experience as senior accountant/finance manager in a busy (high volume) finance department.
• Proven experience in Non-Governmental Organizations or public sector donor-funded development progammes; handling multiple and concurrent donor grants for different programmes.
• Working experience in an external audit firm as audit senior for at least 3 three) years will be an added advantage.
• In-depth understanding of programmatic accounting (multi-level chart of accounts) for different funding partner grants.
• In-depth understanding of financial statements for not-for-profit organizations.
• Sound understanding of funding partner requirements, tax laws, and laws governing non-governmental organizations in Rwanda.
• Strong working knowledge of accounting software such as SAGE, QUICKBOOKS
• Ability to work with the donor community.
• Analytical and attention to detail.
• Effective time management.
• Effective communication skills (oral, written), proficient in English language, and effective report writing.
• Proficiency in MS Office packages (MS word, Excel, Power-point).
• Team leadership
• Sociable, mature, decisive, integrity, objectivity
• Ability to work under minimum supervision (self-mover)
• Ability to work under strict deadlines and remain on track.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application to email@example.com no later than 22nd May 2023 at 12:00 PM . Please indicate in the subject line: “FINANCE MANAGER APPLICATION” with the following attachments in one folder. Failure to do this may result into not considering your application:
• Application Letter
• Recent Curriculum Vitae (CV) with proven work Experience including three referees (combined in pdf).
• Copies of academic and professional credentials.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.