Jobs at:FH Association (Food for the Hungry)
Deadline of this Job:
27 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
FH Association (Food for the Hungry) is an International Christian Relief and Development Organization with a vision “All forms of poverty ended worldwide” and a mission “Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty”.
Fh Association Rwanda (Food FOR THE Hungry)
Po Box 911 Kigali, Rwanda
FH Association (Food for the Hungry) is an International Christian, Relief and Development organization with a vision “All forms of Poverty ended worldwide” and a mission; “Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty”. FH Rwanda operates in Kamonyi, Ruhango, Muhanga, Gatsibo, Nyagatare, Ngororero and Karongi districts. Our Head Office is located at Umuyenzi Plazza, 2nd Floor, Kisimenti – Remera.
We are seeking to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced Rwandan National for the “FINANCE MANAGER” position to be based at Head Office, Kigali. The jobholder reports to the Country Director.
Summary Of The Position
The Finance Manager provides strategic financial management leadership for FH within a country office and ensures compliance with policies and procedures. He/she is responsible for managing the Finance unit and ensuring that routine monthly finance schedules and reporting deadlines are met. Through high-level analysis of past spending and projections, the Finance Manager (FM) provides key input and recommendations to Area Program Managers in the development of new budgets as well as the effective management of current programs.
The Finance Manager is a member of Country Senior Leadership Team (SLT), participates in regular SLT meetings according to the SLT charter, schedules, and is in general responsible for overall financial management and compliance. The position holder manages Finance Team of 3 members and has dotted line supervision to the 7 Area Programs Finance & Administrative Officers.
Main Key Results
Financial Management and Compliance (approximately 30% of time).
• Develop, coordinate and implement plans for the control, monitoring and reporting of all country office financial operations;
• Cultivate and maintain an expertise on the rules and regulations of various donors and provide guidance in the area of donor compliance;
• Maintain current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensure compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements.
• Review payments and contracts ensure they are in compliance with FH requirements before their approval by the Country Director.
• Make sure all bank reconciliations for all bank accounts of the organization are regularly reviewed and approved.
Internal Controls and Audit Support (approximately 20% of time).
• Perform regular checks of FH’s accounting activities in all its AP offices, including monthly reviews of financial transactions to check for appropriate documentation, correct account assignment and approvals;
• To ensure that adequate internal controls are in place, closely monitor all financial activities and keep the Country Director advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance;
• Take a leadership role in facilitating internal (Africa Region Internal Auditor) or external audits. Liaise with the Global office and other stakeholders in the planning and coordination of any of these audits as in a team we stand and defend effectively;
• Take appropriate action with departments concerned to address audit findings and recommendations, follow through on action plan commitments and share all through the CD to the key levels or offices;
Finance Unit Leadership and Management (approximately 15% of time).
• Provides direction to the Finance unit and manage the Finance Team to follow routine weekly and monthly schedules and meet deadlines;
• Collaborate closely with the HR and Administration Manager to recruit, orient and train all finance department staff;
• Leads and nurtures the spiritual growth and integration of a biblical worldview and the values of: Christian calling to service of the poor, excellence, stewardship, servanthood with Finance Team members.
• Manage finance staff travel and vacation to coordinate staff absences to avoid gaps and minimize risks in key responsibility areas;
• Identify capacity development needs within the department and organize appropriate trainings.
Financial Reporting (Internal and External) (approximately 10% of time).
• Supervise monthly financial closing process in MS Dynamics (review, upload and post weekly; bi-weekly and/or monthly journals);
• Ensure that, on monthly basis, balance sheet reconciliations are completed on timely basis and that country standard report and supporting data are reviewed and produced on a monthly basis;
• Review monthly financial reports with the country director regularly to ensure the financial health of the country office including the income and expense status and provide a high-level variance explanation.
• Complete the monthly country office finance scorecard and any of the associated request in regard to monthly ecosystem review.
• External: Direct the preparation of, reviews and approves all donor financial reports in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements and ensures the review of such reports by the Country Director prior to submission;
• Fully respond on all the reviews at any time from the RFM, the Global office or Affiliates directed to the FM due to urgency copying RFM, CD or head and Program Director.
Cash Flow Planning and Cash Management (approximately 5% of time).
• Review, upload and post revised budget journals into MSD before monthly deadlines.
• Monitor monthly cash flow, and work with program staff and others to better estimate cash needs;
• Monitor and assess cash levels in country offices vis-à-vis spending plans, contractual commitments, etc. to sufficient operational funds available, and vendor and labor payments are made promptly upon receipt of necessary justification documentation.
• Ensure regular contact with local bank management on routine operational matters with country offices including negotiation of exchange rate, e-Banking timely and efficiently give information and advice accordingly and where applicable;
• Enforce FH Finance policy on program advances, credit terms, credit cards and use of bank payment instruments and ensure compliance with FH requirements;
Financial analysis and recommendation (20%)
Support programs in strategic and routine budget management
• Develop, maintain and advise on the overhead budget (current and projected)
• Maintain and update a periodic budget forecasting system with programs.
• Through the use of monitoring tools coordinate closely with other departments to ensure an efficient and effective use of resources.
• Provide analysis to ensure all costs are well estimated and provided for in new budget proposals or a revision of budget.
• Perform high-level analysis of spending vs budget and planned cash flows to point out potential over/underspending areas.
• CPA or ACCA qualification is a MUST
• Possess a University degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration from a recognized university or higher learning institution. Holding a Master’s degree is an asset.
• 6 years’ experience in a similar or senior finance position with an International NGO preferably with experience of Africa south of the Sahara.
• Practical experience in using a wide range of accounting software including Microsoft Dynamics and Power BI on hand and fluent operation level.
Other Essential Requirements
• Has a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in our Vision, Mission and Values
• Proven experience in treasury activities, establishment and monitoring of budgets, and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems.
• Proven expertise with USAID/UN/OFDA/DFID, EU rules and regulation on Procurement and Financial Management.
• Must have a proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and a practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
• Has thorough understanding of development and/or missions
• Application of computer Literate (Microsoft Suite, Advanced Excel)
• Compatible with FH VMV with proven leadership skills, strong Christian values and able to work in a cross-cultural setting.
• Must have good oral and written communication skills, team building skills, and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment with multi-national staff.
• Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to diagnose finance issues and mitigate effectively with a balanced procedural aspect avoiding any conflict of interest in a cost-effective manner.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should fill in the Job Application Form and attach their cover letter and updated CV/Resume with three professional referees (including email address and day telephone contacts), not later than Tuesday 7th March 2023 @5pm using the following link: http://126.96.36.199/fhrwjobs/
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted
• If any issues are experienced, please contact us separately at firstname.lastname@example.org
FH Safeguarding Policy
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Done at Kigali on 21st February 2023
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.