Jobs at:SOSOMA Industries
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 23 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To provide guidance and technical support to SOSOMA Industries Ltd on proper financial planning and strategy, analyzing and reporting on financial performance.
Key Result Areas:
The incumbent will be charged with:
1. Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and finance policies and make concrete proposals for its improvement
2. Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
3. Providing strategic recommendations to the Managing Director/board of Directors and members of the executive management team
4. Advising on long-term business and financial planning
5. Supervise the posting of invoices and allocation of expenses in the GL and ensuring completeness and accuracy of accounting operations;
6. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financials report as required by the management for review by MD;
7. Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the management teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
8. Supervise the preparation of bank reconciliations, loan book & deposits reconciliations and other balance sheet schedules;
9. Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
10. Manage the fixed assets register and supervise the physical verification of assets at least annually;
11. Timely submission of monthly flash report and management accounts to the management in line with set timelines;
12. Monitor the company’s cash flows on a daily basis make recommendations regarding liquidity management;
13. Overseeing the preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS;
14. Assist with both internal and external audits including follow up of any queries;
15. Prepare and submit local tax (PAYE, WHT & VAT) returns monthly and CIT annually.
16. Ensure declaration and payment of all taxes (including provisional tax) is done in accordance with the tax laws;
17. Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource in accordance with the company policy and the labor law.
18. Supervise, coach and train direct subordinates and allocate tasks and responsibilities to direct subordinates in line with their job descriptions, targets and deadlines, and monitor their progress.
19. Any other responsibility from the line manager in the best interest of the company.
• Bachelor degree majoring in accounting/finance from a recognized university will be an added advantage.
• Professional qualification in accounting such as ACCA or CPA is an added advantage;
• Work experience for at least 10 years in similar responsibility in a reputable organization. Work experience in a Manufacturing Company Accounting Department would be an added advantage.
• Experience with accounting software SAP and SAGE.
• Integrity attested by at least 2 referrals;
• Confidentiality and Ethical behavior;
• Good interpersonal relations;
• Time consciousness;
• Ability to work under pressure of deadlines;
• Attention to details.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application to Recruitment@sosoma.rw no later than Friday 23rd June 2023. Only soft copies will be accepted. Please indicate in the subject line: “Finance Manager” with the following attachments:
• Motivation/Application Letter;
• Curriculum Vitae;
• Copies of academic and professional credentials;
• Only shortlisted applicants will be notified;
• 2 letters of reference
Only shortlisted candidate will be called for next steps.
Done at Kigali, 06th June 2023
MUSAFIRI Jean Pierre
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.