Jobs at:Sawa Energy
Deadline of this Job:
07 March 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Operations Manager · Kigali, Rwanda or Kampala, Uganda
Company Profile: Sawa Energy is a solar energy and energy efficiency company servicing SMEs across East Africa, with current operations in Rwanda and Uganda. They bring together international capital and local solar expertise in order to enable SMEs to get access to solar and energy efficiency solutions with no upfront cost. In doing so, Sawa Energy aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses in emerging markets. Sawa Energy’s objective is to deploy a portfolio of 35 MW of solar C&I projects across East Africa within the next 5 years, and have been actively deploying since February 2021. Their clients include I&M Bank, MTN and other leading regional businesses.
Learn more at www.sawaenergy.com
The company is recruiting an ambitious and energetic professional to support in the operations of the company. This role is a cross-functional role that reports directly to the CEO with responsibilities in finance, corporate governance, accounting, and sales support. This person will be integral in executing Sawa Energy’s vision to lead the revolution of solar for SMEs in East Africa. Given that Sawa Energy is taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, the role will require creativity, flexibility, and dynamism. Responsibilities
• Lead the drafting of offers for our clients
• Lead the accounting review, completed by a third party service provider, across multiple entities
• Lead the administrative activities across multiple entities
• Support financial modeling for projects to assess the viability of solar and energy efficiency projects
• Work hand in hand with our sales team to ensure our proposals and team are client-ready
• Support on executing corporate governance across multiple entities
Hours: Full time
• University degree and 2-3 years of work experience
• Excellent written and spoken English is required, French, Kinyarwanda, and/or Swahili are a plus.
• Systematic and highly organized project manager with budget estimation skills;
• Must take personal accountability for tracking numerous activities across workstreams and driving them all to a successful conclusion.
• Must display a track record of thriving in a fast-paced sales environment, able to work towards and hit KPIs.
• Being a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit is paramount.
• Must be very comfortable working in the digital realm, using tools such as Google Drive (Docs, Slides, Sheets), CRMs and other remote working tools.
• High level of proficiency building powerpoint presentations
• Financial modeling experience in Microsoft Excel
• Experience in accounting is desired, CPA is preferred
• Solar and engineering experience is not required
• The role may include regional travel from time to time
Other Critical Requirements:
• Technical skills
• Accounting, financial modeling, writing, and presentation skills are strongly desired for this role.
• We are a team of self-starters, and expect all team members to take initiative, own their projects, and assume leadership within their set of responsibilities.
• This role involves communicating both within the team, and with partners. As such, effective written and verbal communication is integral to ensure all stakeholders are aligned.
• We are looking for a team member who can manage many projects at once while still meeting deadlines. We seek someone with strong multitasking, decision-making, and organizational abilities to ensure the workload is managed effectively.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should apply through this application form. Applications will close at 11:59 pm on the 06th March 2023. Only selected candidates for the interview will be contacted. For questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.