Jobs at:Women’s Bakery
Deadline of this Job:
26 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Women’s Bakery, Inc. Overview
The Women’s Bakery (TWB) is a social enterprise comprising a parent 501(c)(3) company based in the United States and a wholly owned limited subsidiary registered in Rwanda. TWB currently owns and operates 3 bakeries in Rwanda.
TWB empowers women through employment and provides access to quality breads in East Africa. Our vision is to build a network of women powered bakeries throughout East Africa. We believe all women are inherently powerful and that when women have access to social and economic opportunity, the world benefits. For us, an empowered woman by herself, is an outcome worth fighting for. TWB employees are a key aspect of this vision – passionate, driven, and resilient in the process of using business as a tool for social good.
The Women’s Bakery seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated, and experienced Rwandan national for the role of Finance Manager, joining an established and experienced team. This stimulating position incorporates a range of skills and development in multiple areas, allowing for an exciting opportunity for career growth in a dynamic context.
The Finance Manager (FM) will be responsible for the financial management and accounting administration for all Rwanda based entities of The Women’s Bakery. She/he will work closely with any third-party consultants in the US and Rwanda. The FM will report to the Director of Operations (DO).
The FM will work 45 hours per week. The FM will work from the Kigali Flagship office, with occasional travel to the bakeries in Gicumbi, Ruyenzi and any other bakeries. The FM will work with the Bakery Operations, Social Impact, and Development and Communications teams to instill and uphold TWB’s financial standards and controls. The FM will focus her/his time to achieving TWB’s mission, vision, and strategic goals.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Implement various finance function strategies in terms of policies, process, procedures, systems, goals, and objectives.
• Oversee and manage the financial reporting and internal control processes.
• Manage, mentor, and develop employees on the finance team.
• Manage all accounting (including payroll) and financial operations of growing bakery operations.
• Manage and coordinate the annual budget, periodic forecasting (including cash requirements), management reporting and monthly financial reviews.
• Develop and implement accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Ensure security and accounts for fixed assets and safe custody of financial accountable documents.
• Ensure timely and accurate completion of financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Analyze financial data and make recommendations for improvement in processes, systems, cost reduction, controls, etc.
• File annual tax return, prepare monthly/quarterly/annual tax filings for payroll, VAT, PAYE, RSSB and other taxes – ensuring all tax requirements meet Rwanda tax law and regulations.
• Manage compliance with documentation of financial control objectives.
• Lead process improvement projects to automate and streamline current accounting and reporting procedures to maximize utilization of the new ERP system.
• Ensure new ERP system is set up correctly and designed to provide accurate financial information and reporting.
• Develop and track monthly KPIs for financial and operational improvement.
• Implement change initiative to achieve desired business plan and culture of TWB.
• Manage audit processes (statutory, taxing authority, financial, etc.).
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or another manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign, or transfer job positions or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law.
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting.
• Minimum 5-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Minimum of 3 years in a leadership level role.
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite, Google, and integrated ERP systems skills.
• Excellent Excel skills.
• Strong technical skills.
• Experience in building financial processes, systems, controls, and reporting.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with employees, team members, customers, and clients.
• Effective communicator with team members learning professional and personal finances.
• High level of integrity in approach and action.
• Ability to thrive in a continually improving and growing manufacturing environment with ownership of processes from beginning to completion.
• Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda.">
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.