Jobs at:Catholic Relief Service (CRS)
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Finance Officer
Reports To: Deputy Finance Manager
Country/Location: Rwanda (Kigali)
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, nutrition, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
Catholic Relief Services has been present in Rwanda since 1960, and currently implements projects in nutrition, WASH, agriculture, youth entrepreneurship, and peacebuilding. The Country Program has over 40 staff and implements its projects through local and international partners, with strong coordination/collaboration with Government of Rwanda structures.
You will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies, and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team, you will help coordinate daily financial activities through the preparation and delivery of financial services.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Review and validate supporting documentation before processing financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place.
• Ensure setup and maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in INSIGHT financial accounting package.
• Record financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review and analyze various accounts to detect irregularities. Advise on corrective actions and prepare correcting entries and adjustments, as necessary.
• Monitor disbursement/receipt schedules, alert relevant staff of due payments/liquidations, and maintain appropriate communication and follow-up to facilitate timeliness of financial resource management.
• Evaluate and monitor subrecipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
• Prepare various, periodic and ad hoc financial reports, as needed, and perform variance analyses to assist with decision-making and proper management of financial resources.
• Provide information to subrecipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues and contribute to capacity strengthening.
• Keep up-to-date filing of documents supporting financial transactions
• Analyze and settle the balance of account payables timely (Taxes, Social contributions, …)
• Perform assigned treasury (cash payment/receipt, cash forecast, etc.) duties, in strict respect of segregation of duties.
• B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
• Minimum of three years experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
• Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications.
• Knowledge of INSIGHT financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
Required Languages – English – French - Kinyarwanda
Travel - willing and able to travel up to 20 %.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to detect and report inconsistencies.
• Accuracy and completeness with great attention to detail.
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
• Ability to work collaboratively
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Country Program Staff
External: Suppliers and Contractors
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the attached application form, Self -Declaration Clause and submit them together with one page Cover letter plus updated CV (maximum three pages) all in/as one document - via email only to: RW_HR@crs.org not later than Friday, September 17, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
Please, include the below statement in your motivation letter:
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics”
Also include your full names and title “Finance Officer” in the subject line. Due to anticipated high interest in this post and the expected number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.