Finance Officer Kumwe Hub
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
24 March 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Role:
Save the Children (SC) is the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
As Kumwe Hub’s Finance Officer you will be responsible for providing financial management support to Kumwe Hub on all it’s programming and investments. This position is responsible for the day to day financial planning and reporting. This includes maintaining the strongest financial controls, budget preparation and monitoring, expense reclassifications and financial reporting as well as other financial related activities. any space capacity being used to support similar functions more broadly for the Save the Children country office.
Qualifications and experience
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting/finance or equivalent. Professional Accounting qualification a must
• At least 3 years’ experience working in accounting (not-for-profit accounting preferred)
• Computer fluency; highly competent using Microsoft Excel and other MS applications.
• Familiarity with computerised accounting systems
• Ability to gather facts and data, scrutinise with ease, determine a logical solution and resolve issues with minimal supervision.
• Proven ability to handle challenging workload.
• The highest level of integrity and commitment to prevent corruption.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all departments in the Regional.
• Willingness to undertake occasional travel to the Country Offices for training, support and
• Experience working with colleagues based in complex country contexts would be an asset.
• Local or international accounting qualification (completed or part-completed) desired.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding
- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application Information: Click Here
Deadline for receiving applications is 28th March 2023.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.