Finance Officer for WASHFIN 2 Project
Jobs at:Tetra Tech
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, December 01 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Finance Officer (FO) is responsible for recording all financial transactions in the project accounting software (QuickBooks) and Salesforce and other financial data processing responsibilities in WASH-FIN’s Kigali office in Rwanda. The FO will assist the Administration and Finance Manager in preparing end-of-month financial reports, payroll, uploading statutory payments to local authorities, conducting bank reconciliations and reconciling suspense accounts. The FO will also assist in carrying out VAT tax exemption processes per Tetra Tech USAID and local tax law. The FO will report directly to the Administration and Finance Manager.
• Enter transactions into QuickBooks and Salesforce according to Tetra Tech accounting and procurement standards, procedures and policies are followed and implemented;
• Assist the Admin/Fin Manager in conducting end-of-month bank reconciliations against bank statements and ensuring all agrees with QuickBooks and Salesforce;
• Draft purchase orders, service agreements and other contractual and compliance-related documents as needed;
• Ensure travel/cash advance forms and expense reports are properly completed and forward to AFM for approval;
• Assist in the closing of monthly accounts and preparing financial reports and statements for submission to the home office;
• Assist with reconciling bank statements for all funds in foreign and local currencies;
• Facilitate and support audits and financial reviews as needed;
• Review Petty Cash Report prior to replenishment;
• Manage VAT tax exemption processes and prepare related monthly reports for AFM review and onward submittal to USAID; and
• Upload to various platforms, the supporting documentation pertaining to confidential and statutory payments of PAYE Income Tax, Social Security contributions, Withholding Taxes and the collection of Tax Credit Certificates.
• University degree in Accounting or Finance or other similar degree required; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) training and/or qualification preferred;
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in donor project accounting working on sizable ($5 million or more) donor-funded projects is required; experience on USAID-funded projects highly preferred;
• Working experience and expertise in accounting software including QuickBooks required; prior experience with Salesforce accounting software preferred;
• Experience preparing financial reports for donor-funded project activities;
• Excellent knowledge of local tax law;
• Experience managing payroll for project staff including calculation of statutory deductions and processing of statutory payments;
• Fluency in English is required; fluency in French preferred; and
• Rwandan nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To be considered, please submit the following:
• Cover Letter
• Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
• Apply on-line at: Finance Officer for WASHFIN 2 Project - Tetra Tech Careers (selectminds.com) not later than 1st December 2023.
• Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
• Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
• We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
• Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.
• Project opportunity
• U.S. Teams and Clients
• Water Security and Sanitation (International Development)
• ARD 188
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.