Deadline of this Job:
13 February 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AKADEMIYA2063 (A2063) was established to continue and expand the portfolio of policy research and capacity-strengthening support for implementing the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP). AKADEMIYA2063 overall mission is to provide data, policy analysis, and capacity-strengthening support that enables African Union member states to achieve inclusive and sustainable development and economic prosperity. AKADEMIYA2063’s programs portfolio consists of The Regional Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support Systems (ReSAKSS), the African Growth and Development Policy (AGRODEP) Modeling Consortium, and the Malabo Montpellier Panel (MaMo Panel).
AKADEMIYA2063 is an Africa-based non-profit research organization with headquarters in Kigali, Rwanda and a regional office in Dakar, Senegal. Inspired by the ambitions of Agenda 2063 and grounded in the recognition of the central importance of strong knowledge and evidence systems, the vision of AKADEMIYA2063 is an Africa with the expertise we need for the Africa we want. This expertise must be responsive to the continent’s needs for data and analysis to ensure high-quality policy design and execution. Inclusive, evidence-informed policymaking is key to meeting the continent’s development aspirations, creating wealth, and changing livelihoods for the better. AKADEMIYA2063’s overall mission is to create, across Africa and led from its headquarters in Rwanda, state-of-the-art technical capacities to support the efforts by the Member States of the African Union to achieve the key goals of the African Union’s Agenda 2063 of transforming national economies to boost growth and prosperity. Following from its vision and mission, the main goal of AKADEMIYA2063 is to help meet Africa’s needs at the continental, regional and national levels in terms of data, analytics, and mutual learning for the effective implementation of Agenda 2063 and the realization of its outcomes by a critical mass of countries. AKADEMIYA2063 strives to meet its goals through programs organized under five strategic areas—policy innovation, knowledge systems, capacity creation and deployment, operational support and data management, digital products, and technology—as well as partnerships and outreach activities. For more information, visit www.akademiya2063.org.
Vacancy Number: RW23003
Position Title: Project Finance Officer (PFO)
Department: Finance and Administration
Location: Kigali - Rwanda
Duration: One (1) year renewable
The objective of the Digitally Enabled Resilience and Nutrition Policy Innovations (DERPIn) Project, is to foster the capacity and agility of government planners and private sector operators, including smallholder farmers and their organizations, to craft adapted and impactful policies and programs to advance food system transformation and enhance resilience to future shocks. It does so through a combination of digitally enabled, customizable tools, data, and analytical products to cater to the needs of a broad range of stakeholders within and outside of government. DERPIn is financially supported by The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the implementing agency of the Federal Republic of Germany for technical and international cooperation. AKADEMIYA2063 is looking to hire a highly capable Project Finance Officer (PFO) to support the DERPIn project team and provide managers with accurate financial information. The PFO will manage accounts receivables and payables, review budgets, and prepare all financial reports for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance & Administration (DFA), with dual reporting duties to the DERPIn Project Manager, specific duties and responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
• Coordination of processes for monthly budgeting, monitoring, and financing,
• Issuing invoices and purchase orders, as well as paying consultant, subcontractor, vendor, and supplier bills in accordance with internal rules and procedures,
• Maintain complete and up to date grant file for the project,
• Prepare monthly reports for review by DFA and package all required documents for submitting to GIZ,
• Ensure a steady cash flow by generating and sending invoices in a timely manner,
• Prepare and process disbursement requests (checks, wires, online banking) following established policies and procedures in a timely manner,
• Review requisitions for procurements and ensure all relevant information is included,
• Review supporting documents for all transactions ensuring they are complete, accurate and correct and that authorizations and approvals comply to AKADEMIYA2063’ policies and procedures,
• Review documents to ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations include Blocked Party screening,
• Post transactions into QuickBooks ensuring proper coding and analysis,
• Track daily bank balances and bring any anticipated concerns to the attention of management,
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for review and approval by DFA,
• Maintain proper financial records and files (e.g., supporting documents for expenditures, contracts,
• purchase orders, fixed asset inventory, etc.), ensuring that they are properly organized, maintained, and regularly updated,
• Provide project managers and other internal/external stakeholders with timely financial reports, budgets, and project forecasts,
• Assist with the facilitation of annual/external audits,
• Performs other duties as assigned or required. Selection Criteria
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other related business field,
• At least three (3) years of professional experience in a similar position,
• Practical Knowledge of financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls,
• Advanced proficiency in managing general ledgers, journal entries, and account reconciliations,
• Proficiency in electronic accounting systems such as QuickBooks,
• In-depth knowledge of best practices in accounting,
• Excellent analytical skills and good attention to details,
• Excellent communication skills toward effective collaboration and client services,
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• A professional accounting certification (CPA, CMA, ACCA), and knowledge of GIZ financial management policies and procedures would be a key added advantage
Submission of Applications
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application, CV, and cover letter, in English, by February 8th, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the position title in the subject line
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• We thank all applicants for their interest in working for AKADEMIYA2063, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• This Job Description only serves as a guide for the available position. AKADEMIYA2063 reserves the right to change, revise, omit, and add in part / in whole to this document.
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• AKADEMIYA2063 is an equal opportunity employer
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.