Jobs at:Africa Development Consultant Limited (ADC)
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, July 31 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, July 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Africa Development Consultant Limited (ADC) is a consultancy firm registered by the Rwanda Development Board (RDB). ADC’s Mission is to offer comprehensive business development services that focus on the needs of enterprises. ADC’s Core Values: Professionalism, Partnership, Integrity, Result Driven, and Value Adding. ADC is working as a partner of the United States Africa Development Foundation (USADF) for the Implementation of the USADF Rwanda Program. USADF is an economic development agency whose program promotes the development of smallholder agricultural producer groups, small-scale agribusinesses, and small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Under the USADF
Program, ADC is instrumental in carrying out the following tasks:
1. Assisting Rwandan potential USADF grantees to fully develop their projects for USADF funding.
2. Training USADF grantees on accounting and reporting requirements
3. Providing monitoring and ongoing support, remediation interventions where required to ensure the effective use of funds provided.
4. Assisting USADF-supported SMEs in conceptualizing and implementing program strategies, product, and supply chain development, marketing, business, and human resources management, and other organizational development activities to improve their competitiveness and implement their market penetration and diversification strategies.
5. Identifying locally-available sources of technical assistance and training for the capacity building of grantees.
6. Conduct regular on-site monitoring visits and assist clients to improve internal systems for maximizing efficiencies and effectiveness in preparation for enterprise expansion.
7. Analyzing business plans and ensuring financial and management systems are established at all projects enabling them to report against established performance indicators.
8. Assist grantees to identify domestic, regional, and international market opportunities.
9. Ensuring grantee compliance with USADF grant policies and procedures.
It is based on the ADC Cooperative Agreement with USADF that ADC is recruiting a Finance Officer for a one-year contract renewable subject to continuity of the ADC–USADF cooperative agreement and performance evaluation.
Finance Officer - Roles and responsibilities:
• Prepare the annual budget for the Partner (ADC) office;
• Prepares and maintains all required accounting journals, ledgers, receipts and related financial records and the quarterly financial reports to be submitted to USADF;
• Assists Applicants of USADF grant to prepare pre-funding financial analyses, including cash flow and profit/loss assessments to determine the potential profitability and financial sustainability of proposed projects;
• Provides accounting and financial management training to USADF grantees;
• Assists organizations seeking USADF funding in preparing assessments to determine the best use of grant funds for project goals and long-term sustainability, including development of business plans;
• Evaluates the social and economic environment of a potential investment, to support the feasibility, profitability and visibility of its activities;
• Assists applicants in conducting market research, costing and selling prices of their products prior to funding to help companies supported by USADF and community groups to remain profitable;
• Performs financial analysis and full economic potential of a project; Assists potential customers to prepare financial projections prior to funding, including cash flow projections to determine the profitability and financial viability of proposed projects; evaluation of cash flow needs.
• Summarizes the different analyses of a project document, and makes recommendations on the viability of proposed investments;
• Conducts site visits to active USADF-funded projects to monitor and assess their establishment of financial management practices, accuracy and quality of financial records and capabilities of grant recipients;
• Assists grantees to ensure the accurate and timely submission of their disbursement requests and quarterly financial reports, including verification of information in the reports;
• Establishes and maintains computerized tracking systems to monitor office and grantee financial reporting information;
• Assists in the review and analysis of grantee business plans and assessment of on-going projects’ financial performance;
• Ensures that site visits are conducted in a timely manner in order to achieve an adequate financial closure of projects where appropriate; and
• Provides follow-up training in response to audit findings.
• Supervise the Administrative Assistant daily work.
• Other job-related duties assigned by the Program Director.
• Conduct Financial Assessment to enterprises working with ADC, recommend what need to improve and support the enterprises take the corrective measures.
• Support enterprises in smoothly closing projects.
• Other programme related activities that may be assigned to you by the Programme Director.
The Finance Officer will report to the ADC-USADF Program Director.
1. University degree (BA or Masters) in accounting, finance, or related field
2. Professional qualification (CPA or ACCA, CFA or CIFA) strongly preferred
• At least 5 years of work experience in accounting and finance.
1. At least 2 years in a team supervisory or managerial position.
2. Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and financial modeling/budgeting
3. Skills in using accounting softwares.
• Good understanding and application of GAAP and IFRS
• Excellent of Country’s applicable tax, legal & regulatory framework
1. Ability to assess risks and exercise reasonable judgment in making decisions.
2. Analytical and financial reporting skills
3. Ability to meet deadlines and work independently with the highest personal integrity
• English and Kinyarwanda language fluency required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants should submit Application letter accompanied by a CV and copies academic certificates addressed to Africa Development Consultant, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com no later than July 31st, 2023, at 15:00PM With the job title in the subject line (ADC Finance Officer). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Rebecca Ruzibuka
• Managing Director
• Africa Development Consultant Ltd.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.