Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, September 14 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, September 09 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Finance Officer is responsible for providing financial support to Jhpiego Rwanda Office and related programs to ensure the smooth running of the office in Kigali. This includes handling day to day financial operations of the office, with particular emphasis on handling accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, cash handling, payments and compliance to Jhpiego and donor financial policies. Implements and maintains an on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of Jhpiego’s financial operations. This position supports ISDA is a five-year cooperative agreement to improve the quality of reproductive, Maternal, maternal and child health (RMNCH) and malaria services, The ISDA supports the Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) to contribute to the reduction of infant and maternal mortality and incidence of malaria in Rwanda, focusing on improving the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services and improving the health of women, adolescent, and children under five.
Applications close on September 14, 2023.
• Examines financial documents such as invoices, vouchers, expense reports and other documents such as purchase orders to ensure the completeness, accuracy, reasonability and validity of financial data.
• Maintains, monitors, and disburses funds from the project bank account(s) accordance with Jhpiego’s financial policies and procedures as outlined in the Jhpiego Finance and Accounting policies manual for country offices, QuickBooks Manual, Banking Policy, Procurement Policy and any other policies.
• Ensures that accounting documents are filed on a timely basis, proper accounting records are maintained and compatible with standard accounting practice, JHU/Jhpiego and donor guidelines.
• Monitors and reconciles supplier statements on regular basis and ensures timely settlement of bills.
• Responsible for collection and disbursement of cash and ensures that it is stored in a secure location.
• Maintain a cash register to ensure that there is a proper audit trail of all cash transactions within the organization.
• Monitors and reconciles travel expenses and project expenses to individual advances on a regular basis.
• Ensures that all unspent advances are deposited to the bank with 48 hours after receipt.
• Codes, tracks, and processes vendor invoices, consultant invoices and travel advances for payments on a timely basis.
• Posting entries into the accounting system on a daily basis.
• Assist the Finance Manager in preparation of monthly financial report, accruals and projections, and any other financial reports for review by the Finance & Operations Manager.
• Provide guidance/feedback to the Finance Manager to ensure the sound functioning of the Jhpiego Kigali office.
• Assume other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Having a CPA or ACCA is an asset.
• Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in finance or accounting from International NGOs or International Development Agencies.
• Knowledge of USAID regulations would be an added advantage.
• Previous experience with non-profit organization will be an added advantage.
• An understanding of maintenance of ledger entries, bookkeeping skills and bank reconciliation.
• Computers skills including use of spreadsheets and/or accounting packages.
• Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses.
• Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
• Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Preferred Qualifications
• Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
• Please apply at www.jobs-jhpiego.icims.com
• Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.
• For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
• Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
• Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• Jhpiego does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, orientation or any other fees
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.