Jobs at:Kvinna till Kvinna
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Kvinna till Kvinna is a non-profit organisation that supports women’s organizing with the aim to advance women’s rights and promote sustainable peace. It does so by strengthening and supporting women’s rights organisations (organizational, thematically and economical). Kvinna till Kvinna is organised around three departments – Programme/Field, Communication, and Support. Through its Headquarter in Stockholm, Sweden, and 11 country offices, it supports more than 100 women’s rights organisations in five different regions (Western Balkans, South Caucasus, Middle East and North Africa, West and Central Africa).
Are you passionate about women’s rights in Rwanda and do you have a background in Finance? We are looking for a national Finance Officer to join the Kvinna till Kvinna office in Kigali, Rwanda and the Kvinna till Kvinna global workplace.
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 150 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all. The future is equal. And together, we are change.
Deadline for application is 31st October 2022
About the job
We are seeking a Finance Officer to join our team in Rwanda. As Finance Officer, you will be responsible for implementing all financial management processes and procedures of Kvinna till Kvinna in Rwanda in line with applicable law, Kvinna till Kvinna mandate,policies and procedures, and international standards. In addition to accounting and financial management for the office in Rwanda, the Finance Officer will work closely with Partner Organisations to assess budgets and financial reports, oversee audits, and follow-up, and provide capacity building in financial management and anti-corruption.
You will report to the Senior Finance Officer, and indirectly to the Head of Office for Rwanda and will carry out your work in cooperation and coordination with the Rwanda team, Partner Organisations and stakeholders throughout the country as well as relevant staff at the Kvinna till Kvinna Head Office in Sweden.
Specific areas of responsibility
• Maintain proper books of accounts;
• Prepare internal financial reports and financial declarations required by the government of Rwanda for approval and submission by Senior Finance Officer and Head of Office;
• Carry out payments and entry into the online financial system according to approved policies and procedures;
• Support Senior Finance Officer to regularly update and monitor the annual budget and inform the Head of Office and other relevant colleagues, on the status of the office finances;
• Ensure internal control system is followed, including making sure the anti-corruption policy is implemented internally and externally;
• Submit reports in respect of management and statutory audits;
Grants Management & Partner Organisation Support
Work closely with Senior Finance officer to:
• Review application budgets from partners for compliance with Kvinna till Kvinna policies, procedures and contractual engagements.
• Assess partners’ financial reports and audited financial statements to ensure compliance with Kvinna till Kvinna policies, procedures and contractual engagements;
• Follow up on issues raised by auditors to ensure resolution in cooperation with colleagues;
• Conduct spot checks of partner organisations in accordance with monitoring plans.
• Verify financial reports and action plans by Partner Organisations which are submitted to Rwanda Governance Board bi-annually.
• Provide capacity development support to partner organisations on financial management, anti-corruption and fraud.
Anti-Fraud & corruption
• With Senior Finance Officer, ensure Kvinna till Kvinna’s anti-corruption policy is implemented both internally and externally;
• Support investigations according to the Terms of Reference and roles and responsibilities defined by the HQ Anti-corruption Advisor.
To apply for this position, you need to have at least:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration and must hold a professional accounting certification (CPA, ACCA or any other accounting professional qualification).
• At least 5 years of experience working or consulting with national non-governmental organisations in a financial capacity.
• Demonstratable experience in advising non-governmental organisations on financial management systems and practices.
• Demonstratable experience in training and capacity building in financial management.
• Demonstrable experience producing, analysing and managing data using Microsoft office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda.
To succeed in this position your need have effective communication skills in a team environment, strong analytical skills and be able to travel domestically overnight and occasionally internationally.
• Experience working for an international non-governmental organisation
Terms & conditions and what we offer
This is a full-time position for a period of two years, pending confirmation of funding.
Preferred starting date: 15 January 2022
This is a national position under Rwanda labour legislation. This position is open to Rwandan nationals only.
Please also note that due to the nature of the work women are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send us your application by visiting our career site.https://jobs.kvinnatillkvinna.se/
The application shall include a letter of motivation and CV. The application must be written in English.
Deadline for application is 31st October 2022
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Office Bridget Rhinehart: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.