Jobs at:Organisation of Women in Sports ( AKWOS)
Deadline of this Job:
14 January 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AKWOS would like to recruit Finance Officer for the Secretariat based in the City of Kigali, in Gasabo District.
rganization of Women in Sports (AKWOS) is a Women-led Organization based in Rwanda. The Organization aims to remove the stereotypes that prevent Women from participating in Sports. AKWOS has become a platform for social change to address issues of Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment and Women’s Economic inclusion in Rwanda. AKWOS Mission is: “To Empower East-African Women, starting from Rwanda, through Sports and Education”.
b) About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Officer will make sure that the accounting procedures in relation to AKWOS are followed and all financial reporting controls are implemented and running.
The Finance Officer should fulfill the following conditions:
• Be Rwandan by nationality; Preferably a Female Candidate
• Be holder of a Bachelor degree (AO) in the field of Accounting or Finance and a CPA;
• Have an experience of at least three (3) years in the field of Accounting or Finance in a recognized institution more especially NGOs or having an experience of 1 year with qualification of ACCA or CPA;
• Excellent in known accounting software such as QuickBooks, Sage 100.
• Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, and Power Point);
• Ability to write and speak fluent English and Kinyarwanda, French being an added value;
• Demonstrate high moral integrity;
• Be willing to work on a minimal basis in rural area;
• Be immediately available to start the work
II. Terms of References for the position of Finance Officer (Key responsibilities)
• Under the supervision of the Executive Director and in close collaboration with the other staff of AKWOS, the Finance Officer is responsible for:
• Recording appropriate entries into the petty cash book;
• Monitoring the transactions with banks and other partners;
• Preparing financial reports
• Prepare the notes of costs in relation to staff mission orders
• Establish in collaboration with the project officer and other staff regarding planning, monitoring and evaluation, and social mobilization an annual budget on the basis of the programs of activities to submit to donors;
• Prepare and consolidating periodic financial reports of the organization in accordance with the financial regulations;
• Handle cash flow management
• Follow up on budgetary situation, analyze the gaps and make recommendations;
• Participate in the internal procurement procedures
• Ensure the implementation of the manual of financial procedures and accounting which includes maintaining, coordinating, and implementation of the accounting control and procedures.
• Follow up on budgets and ensure consistency with the procedures in place and that the budgets are used to achieve the strategic operational objectives of the organization
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts,
• Participate in the organizational budget preparation;
• Prepare, monitor, and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
• Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
• Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
• Participate in the stock take processes control and help in resolving any stock discrepancies.
• Recommend, develop, and maintain financial databases and manual filing systems.
• Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the organization’s financial systems.
• Participate in the internal and external audits and help in completing audits’ exercises.
• Participate in the monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and payables accounts to entail preparing a monthly bank reconciliation statement;
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Recording bank operations and establishing a monthly balance;
• Preparing monthly accounting management information for use in budgetary control measures.
• Carry out any other tasks requested by the Executive Director of AKWOS
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit the following documents (IN SOFT COPY) A detailed curriculum vitae including three referees; A cover Letter, certified copies of relevant University Degrees, and a copy of the national ID to Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday , 14th 2022 at 16h00 . Any applications received after 16h00 will be automatically rejected. Applications should be addressed to the Executive Director of AKWOS located in Remera, Sector,the District of Gasabo. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.