Jobs at:Oxfam International
Deadline of this Job:
27 September 2022
Date Posted: Monday, September 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Key responsibilities (Technical, Leadership, People and Resource management)
Accounting/Finance responsibilities 60%
• Process supplier and other payments within the agreed terms and follow up with the logistics to ensure payment is done according to the rules and procedures of Oxfam GB, ensuring that they are valid and are adequately supported.
• Timely preparation of Month End Financial pack for review by the FCM before approval by the Legacy Manager and submission to the Node.
• Prepare project monthly BVAs for programme monitoring and action.
• Prepare the cash and Bank Book and scan all supporting documents to be uploaded into PeopleSoft.
• Payroll preparation for FCM review before approval by Legacy Manager.
• Management of Petty cash and the custodian of the safe.
• Record, manage and follow up on all outstanding staff floats, debtors, and creditors, and perform monthly reconciliations and clean up on balance sheet accounts.
• Maintain proper records and filing of all financial transactions.
• Prepare and upload monthly journals in GL (depreciation, EOC, prepayment).
• To ensure that statutory obligations are adhered to, and all taxes are remitted on time.
• Request monthly Top Up Request from Programme Managers, consolidate and submit to the Country Program Accountant for review.
• Ensure proper use and maintenance of computerised financial systems (including the accounts package designed for Oxfam GB purposes (Peoplesoft).
• Support Oxfam programme audits by providing the required information.
• In collaboration with Programme Managers, preparation of donor reports for Country Programme Accountant review.
Partnership Support 40 %
• Serve as a liaison person with whom partners can contact to ask advice on financial and administrative matters and inquire any information related to compliance with the contract.
• Review partners reports and/or generate consolidated financial reports for use by the FCM for compliance with grant and donor requirements.
• In collaboration with the FCM and Programme Team conduct a financial assessment to know the level of changes in partners’ management system.
• Documents internal control weaknesses of the partners and recommend appropriate ways to address the weaknesses by the partners.
• In collaboration with FCM, support partners to develop and maintain proper financial systems and records.
• Providing capacity building and mentoring to partners.
• Perform checks on all financial reports submitted by partners and follow up to resolve any queries.
• To undertake any other duties as shall be assigned by the Line Manager from time to time.
What we are looking for
• Mutual accountability
• Relationship building
• 3 years accounting experience preferably in an NGO
• First Degree and recognized accounting qualification
• Knowledge and understanding of project budgeting, monitoring, and reporting
• Knowledge and experience of computerised accounting systems
• Demonstrable numeracy and computer skills
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and show initiative
• Result oriented.
• Analytical thinking and critical thinking.
• Supporting others and team spirit.
• Ability to travel from time to time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.