Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, November 12 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Position Description
• RTI is hiring a Finance Officer on the Feed the Future Rwanda Hanga Akazi Activity. The Finance Officer is responsible for providing support for all financial aspects of the project. This position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, and will report to the Finance and Administration Manager.
4. Responsibilities of the Finance Officer include, but are not limited to:
• Supports the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure appropriate systems are in place for timely and cost-effective disbursement, accounting, budgeting, and reporting of project funds in compliance with local laws and USAID regulations.
• Provide functional support for RTI’s finance and accounting function.
• Manage expenses and other financial transactions, mainly involving expense entry, tracking, and record keeping.
• Review expenses and financial transactions to ensure they are compliant with RTI procedures.
• Support partner (e.g., subcontractor, vendor, grantee) financial management, in coordination with the Finance and Admin Manager, Procurement Specialist, and Grants Manager
• Prepare and submit monthly expense reports to the RTI home office.
• Review expenses and financial transactions to ensure they are compliant with RTI procedures and terms of the agreement.
• Maintain inventory tracking system and conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with RTI procedures and terms of the agreement.
• Perform the cash management functions required in maintaining RTI bank accounts.
• Manage petty cash account.
• Prepare the monthly balance sheet accounts
• Process vendor payments and posting to the General Ledger.
• Reconcile vendor payments monthly and resolve any matters arising on a timely basis.
• Process the Mobile Money payment to the participants and perform the reconciliations on timely basis.
• Process declaration and submission of all statutory payments on a timely basis.
• Ensure proper filing of all financial records.
• Provide any other required financial backstopping roles to the RTI Rwanda office as needed.
• Jointly, with the immediate supervisor, participate in own annual performance appraisal, identify own learning needs and personal career growth.
• Perform any other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
5. Desired Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
o Master’s degree and 1 year of experience, or bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting and 3 years of experience.
o Previous experience with USAID-funded programs and articulate with USAID policies and procedures related to financial management, financial reporting, and grants.
o Auditing experience is an added advantage
o Results-oriented and focused, with the ability to consistently follow and apply the guidelines and controls required of the position.
o Strong attention to details.
o Budgeting, financial analysis, and excellent MS Excel skills required.
o Proficiency with QuickBooks accounting software
o Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial management.
o Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills; able to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead multidisciplinary teams.
o Verbal and written fluency in English
o Strong organizational, communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Please follow the link provided here: Finance Officer-Rwanda HA or visit https://www.rti.org/careers page for more information about the opportunities. The application deadline is November 7, 2023.
• We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• *No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org
• We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.