Jobs at:Rwanda Women’s Network
Deadline of this Job:
18 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda Women’s Network is a Non-Governmental Organization that came into existence in 1997 dedicated to promoting and strengthening strategies that empower Rwandan women.
Job Advertisement for Finance Officer
Overview of Rwanda Women’s Network
Rwanda Women’s Network (RWN) is a national humanitarian non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to promoting and strengthening strategies that empower women in Rwanda since coming into being in 1997 and has extensive experience in fostering women’s participation and grassroots responses to community challenges.
Its mission is to work towards the improvement of the socio-economic welfare of women in Rwanda by enhancing their efforts to meet their basic needs. Its vision being that of having a healthy, wealthy, and empowered Rwandan society.
Purpose of the position:
Rwanda Women’s Network is seeking experienced staff to fill the position of Finance Officer. The role is responsible for the financial systems of the organization, including organizational budgeting, financial monitoring, meeting legal, auditing, and contractual responsibilities, and coordinating with program team. S/He will also contribute significantly to the planning and overall implementation process of Rwanda Women’s Network projects by ensuring consistent, compliance with the financial standards.
Position title: Finance Officer
Job title of supervisor: Director
Start date: Immediately
Hours per week: Full Time – 40 Hrs.
Number of positions open: 1
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director, the Finance Officer will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
• Coordinate monthly closing processes and reconciliation of the general ledger accounts to ensure that internal and external reporting deadlines are adhered to;
• Receive, review, process supporting documents and coordinate proper filing of the same related to the general ledger transaction and follow the organization’s regulatory documentation retention policy to maintain accounting files;
• Ensure maintenance of proper, accurate and up-to-date accounting records at all times;
• Propose and ensure accurate organization forecasts;
• Ensure all relevant tax returns are accurately prepared and their respective remittances done on time and relevant refunds claimed;
• Advices the organization staff on procurement procedures and compliance;
• Support in the bi-annual asset verification and stock management;
• In close consultation and coordination with RWN Program Staff and other stakeholders, participate in developing project budgets and progress reviews;
• Participate and contribute in project reflection sessions and produce related reports as required;
• Work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits;
• Ensure monthly and timely submission of statutory deductions (PAYE, RSSB);
• Makes sure that are required Taxes have been paid in appropriate ways and timely;
• Liaise and maintain dialogue with relevant RWN partners to ensure the needed collaboration, synergy, and sharing of experiences and communication;
• Represent RWN in relevant forums as it may be assigned by the line manager;
• Ensure effective & efficient utilization of Rwanda Women’s Network resources.
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within the reasonableness of their level of skills and experience Competencies:
• At least 3 years of professional experience working in accounting (not-for-profit accounting preferred)
• Computer fluency; highly competent in using Microsoft Excel and other MS applications.
• Familiarity with computerized accounting systems (Quickbooks preferred)
• The highest level of integrity and commitment to preventing corruption.
• Strong ability to give attention to detail and to perform multiple tasks at the same time
• Demonstrates commitment and dedication towards RWN mission, vision, and core values
• Proven organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a multicultural team environment
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, and to deal with problems/issues promptly and efficiently
• Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Undergraduate degree in Accounting/finance or equivalent. Professional Accounting qualification is a must.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit a motivation letter addressed to the Director of Rwanda Women’s Network, a copy of your notified degree, and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with 3 names of referees to: email@example.com with the subject “Finance Officer Position”, not later than 18th October 2022 at 23:59 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for a written exam and interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.