Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
20 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The requested page "/careers/details?jid=82440" could not be found.
TITLE: Finance Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Rwanda Country Office LOCATION: Kigali , Rwanda
GRADE: 4 CONTRACT LENGTH: National
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
ROLE PURPOSE: As part of the finance team, you will be responsible for providing financial management support to the Rwanda CO.
This position is also responsible for the day to day financial processing, monthly processes, and inventory and balance sheet reconciliations for the country office. This includes maintaining the strongest financial controls, keeping approved documentation (receipts, bank transactions, vouchers) on file, recording transactions according to SCI guidelines, producing monthly reports as required, and assuring adequate cash flow for the country office.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Scope Of Role:
Reports to: Finance Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None
Key Areas Of Accountability:
• Prepares monthly Cash Forecasts, liaising with all departments on their cash needs within the set deadlines.
• Perform balance sheet accounts analysis and reconciliations
• Records income tax obligations, declares in RRA system and ensure timely payments
• Assist in preparation of monthly financial reports
• Advices the country office team on procurement procedures and compliance
• Support in implementation of HPO projects ; Source to Pay , Accounts Payable etc
• Prepares staff clearance and terminal dues
• Assist the FM in mapping of premises and CAM DRCs
• Prepares General Ledger and Cash Offline Spreadsheet for posting in the financial system.
• Data Management in the Finance System
• Performs single account/balance sheet account reconciliations on a weekly basis, preparing schedules for review by the Finance Manager
• Prepares Advances and accruals Aging reports on monthly basis
• Prepares cross charges to SC members and SCI country offices on a weekly basis and reallocations for authorisation.
• Support in the annual asset verification and stock management for the country office TIM
• Prepares adjustments and reallocation Journals.
• Cooperates and assists with audit requirements.
• Ensures compliance with SCI rules and regulation in day to day execution of duties
• Assist the Finance Manager in coordinating of working better together meetings /sessions with the support departments to iron out issues and improve on processes
• Perform cash payments and reconciliations
• Maintains filing systems of payment vouchers and Journals on monthly basis Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity"> Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting/finance or equivalent. Professional Accounting qualification a must
Experience And Skills
• At least 3 years’ experience working in accounting (not-for-profit accounting preferred)
• Computer fluency; highly competent using Microsoft Excel and other MS applications.
• Familiarity with computerised accounting systems
• Ability to gather facts and data, scrutinise with ease, determine a logical solution and resolve issues with minimal supervision.
• Proven ability to handle challenging workload.
• The highest level of integrity and commitment to prevent corruption.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all departments in the Regional.
• Willingness to undertake occasional travel to the Country Offices for training, support and
• Experience working with colleagues based in complex country contexts would be an asset.
• Local or international accounting qualification (completed or part-completed) desired.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedure
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.