Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, August 28 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, August 17 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Role:
Save the Children (SC) is the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
The finance Officer will be mainly tasked to provide accurate financial information by preparing, recording and reconciling financial transactions data, to check and control financial process in line with financial policy and procedures and to make cash and bank payments for project activities.
He /She will be responsible for cash and bank payments in line with SC policies, ensures accuracy of completed monthly cash counts and cash reconciliations, completed payments and transfers to staff, suppliers and partners, and registers all approved payments, journal vouchers, deposit vouchers and returns using the SC financial software. she/He will work on VAT claim, Fuel report and posting partner reports.
Qualifications and experience
• Bachelor degree in accountancy/finance/management or Equivalent field.
• 2 years’ work experience, preferably in an NGO set up.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written skills in English.
• Strong analytical skills and High level of attention to details.
• Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people, stakeholders and customers.
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Computer literacy (including advanced Excel, word, Internet Explorer and databases skills)
• Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values.
• Initiative, flexibility and ability to work independently as well as in a team.
• High levels of self-motivation and initiative.
• Ownership and accountability of own work.
• High levels of confidentially and integrity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.