Finance Secretary and Accountant
Jobs at:The University of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, August 21 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 15 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the Program Implementation Team’s Office, the Administrative Secretary will assist the Program PI and Director and other Program Implementation Team members in the daily running of the office operations through executing administrative activities that help to deliver to the program goal.
The following tasks are expected to be executed:
• Receive purchase orders and requests for payments through BNR.
• Process payment through local mode (indirect payments).
• Ensure approval of payment and submission to BNR
• Check regularly payments made by BNR
• Strengthen and maintain network with UR-SPIU finance team.
• Put in place a proper filling system for the finance unit.
• Ensure regular filling of accounting documents for all payments
• Responsible for transparent and consistent filing of all accounting, banking and cash management documents.
• Check and control to ensure quality and completeness of justification and supporting accounting documents of all expenses following GOR and Mastercard Foundation financial guidelines.
• Ensure accounting coding and budgeting lines are correct: this includes verification of financial reports, expenses and supporting documents.
• Provide all necessary accounting data and information to the Financial Management Specialist and the Mastercard staff, for them to be able to follow up on budget and planning.
• Assist the Financial Management Specialist in the elaboration of financial reports, budgets or plans
• Prepare Bank register and keep cheques.
• Verify staff payroll for bank transfers at the end of each month.
• Ensures all invoices from external parties (contractors, suppliers etc) are paid in due time, by bank transfer, cheque or cash and arrange those documents by date: Preparing bank transfer and cheque documents; and manages pipeline payment to external parties.
• Act as an inputter at first level in BNR online system.
• Record all bank transactions, maintain bank accounts, ensure monthly bank statements and account overviews.
• Work closely with internal and external audits to carry out annual project audits.
• Perform any other related tasks as may be assigned by the Immediate Supervisor.
Competencies, qualifications, and skills (Compulsory (C), Desirable (D), or Added Advantage (A) in work performance and results) Candidates should possess the following qualifications and demonstrate the following Competencies, values and skills
1. Bachelor’s degree or A0 in Finance, Accounting, specialized in Accounting and Finance or Monetary and Banking specialization
(C). with at least 7 years of experiences or a Masters Degree with at least 3 years of experiences in the above fields.
2. Relevant experience in Finance, Accounting, Management (D).
3. Accounting Professional Qualification recognized by IFAC (ACCA, CPA) (D)
4. Experience of working with different accounting Finance software in use is an added advantage.(A)
5. Experience of working independently and without close supervision (D).
6. Working knowledge of the activities of other functions of the institution relevant to the department (D).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application files to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com the subject of the application e-mail should be containing your name and the position applied for. To confirm the application, candidates should also fill the form available through this link: https://forms.gle/eL993gnMwpYbso2W7
The application file must be a single PDF file and should contain the following items:
- Application letter Addressed to the SPIU Coordinator
- A Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of National ID or Passport
- Copies of Academic degree certificates
- Copy of any other relevant certificates acquired.
- Proof of relevant experience described in the CV.
- At least one recommendation letter from previous employment.
The deadline for submission of the application is set on 21st August 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to sit for the written test.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.