Jobs at:Rwanda Medical Supply Limited
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda Medical Supply Limited is a large scale corporation created and owned by the Government of Rwanda. RMS ltd objective is to ensure the availability of medicines, medical supplies, and consumables in the right quantity, with the acceptable quality, to the right place and customers, at the right time and with optimum cost to the Rwandan population.
Recruitment for the position of Finance Specialist.
Rwanda Medical Supply (RMS) Ltd is a State-owned company created by the Government of Rwanda with the mandate of managing the end-to-end health supply chain. The vision of RMS Ltd is to ensure quality and timely availability of all health commodities to the public through a cost-efficient, sustainable and effective supply chain. Drugs will be available throughout the country by building an economical and financially sustainable supply chain that can meet current and future need and manage increasing complexity. In implementation, RMS collaborate with different stakeholders/partners including government of Rwanda, development partners, manufacturers, local and international suppliers, etc…
RMS Ltd is looking for qualified, dedicated & experienced individual to fill the Finance Specialist position.
Tasks and responsibilities:
S/He will be responsible for strengthening RMS payment processes and all other donor funded projects including TRMS project.
As RMS implements the Transforming Rwanda Medical Supply Chain (TRMS) project, the Finance Specialist will serve as the main point of contact for financial management issues related to the award.
S/he has principal responsibilities to;
• Assist the CFO and the Project Director with financial oversight of RMS, TRMS project and all other donor funded activities.
• Ensure compliance with all financial legislation, regulations and guidelines and document, implement and operate financial controls.
• Review and approve all RMS contract related payment vouchers in addition to TRMS project and other donor funded projects payment vouchers.
• Ensure accurate recording of expenditures per RMS finance accounting procedures.
• Produce and/or oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual TRMS and other donor funded projects financial statements and reports.
• Provide documentation for auditors, develop plans with RMS in accordance with audit recommendations.
• Prepare and coordinate annual budget preparations for the board approval and monitor budget execution and report on any significant trends/variance.
• Propose modifications in processes and procedures to RMS Board and CEO, as needed, including but not limited to expenditure planning and cash flow management best practices.
• Provide training and capacity building to RMS personnel in financial management and internal controls.
Finance Specialist minimum qualifications:
• S/he will have at least seven years of progressively responsible experience in finance, budgeting, auditing and/or other experience managing the finances of reputable institutions which have received funding from multiple sources,
• Extensive experience in use of automated accounting systems and computer software is required.
• Experience interacting with senior development partners and ability to develop and maintain contacts with high level GOR officials in both technical ministries and the Ministry of Finance,
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices and terminology as well as the principles and accepted practices of governmental and business financial accounting, budgeting and reporting is required,
• S/he will have specialized training and skills on project funds management, project cash flows and accrual accounting systems, ability to manage and updates accounting system abiding by best practices in the financial and accounting sectors, practical experiences in financial or accounting services for donor funded programs (preferred), and ability to provide analytical skills in pipeline and outlays of project funds in an organized manner,
• Ability to make independent judgment and detect financial strength and weakness of projects,
• A University master’s graduate degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration or an equivalent professional certification is required or the possession of a bachelor’s degree in the same field with a CPA or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualification and an additional five years of work experience beyond the seven required above may be substituted for a master’s degree.”
• Prior experience with private sector company is a plus.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application documents (in one PDF document) including Curriculum Vitae, copy of ID, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors as well as their emails and telephones.
All applications are to be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: Tuesday, 31st May 2022 at 5:00 pm.
• Only applications sent via the above e-mail shall be considered.
• Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted.
• Incomplete applications shall be rejected.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.