Finance and Accounts Manager
Jobs at:ASA International
Deadline of this Job:
25 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Accounts Manager
Department : Finance and Accounts Department
Location : Head Office, Kigali-Rwanda
Reporting to : Chief Financial Officer
Type of contract : Open-ended Contract
About ASA International (Rwanda) PLC
ASA International (Rwanda) Plc (subsequently referred to as “ASA Rwanda” or the Company), is a subsidiary of ASA International Holding Ltd. that is a Public Limited Company registered in Mauritius. ASA Rwanda was registered in 2014 and is licensed by Central Bank of Rwanda (BNR) as a deposit-taking microfinance institution. The Company started operations in 2016 and is currently working countrywide with thirty (30) branches. It aims specially to work for alleviating poverty through providing small, socially responsible loans to low-income entrepreneurs, most of whom are women, across the Country. The Company has a strong commitment to financial inclusion and socioeconomic progress. the country. It is to be noted that, ASA International Group Plc has established microfinance institutions in thirteen (13) countries in Asia and Africa in a bid to bring low-income people in the financial system and it is listed on London Stock Exchange.
We are looking for a young, dynamic and energetic Finance & Accounts Manager to join the team with a long-term focus. The Finance and Accounts Manager will be primarily in charge of the organization's financial reporting, planning and budgeting and management of cash flows and other tasks assigned. The Finance & Accounts Manager will work closely with the CFO for a sound internal control system of the company.
Major job responsibilities
Working under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer; the Finance & Accounts Manager will oversee the company’s accounting and perform the following tasks:
• Focus on all daily and month-end accounting procedures for the accounting results in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and company policies.
• Participate in reviewing and submitting all statutory obligations and returns in accordance with required timetable. Liaising with RRA and ensure tax compliance.
• Review payment requisitions and all supporting documents before processing payments to company’s clients.
• Participate and review the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement preparation and analysis and ensure the financial statements are prepared in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and company policies.
• Review of bank reconciliations and other reconciliations and ensure that all reconciling items are cleared on timely basis.
• Provide evaluation, coaching and leadership trainings to junior staff in Finance and Accounts Department and other staff within the company.
• Ensure the company-wide implementation of superior accounting, financial reporting and financial processes and internal controls. This includes developing appropriate processes, procedures and tools to ensure that deficiencies are identified and corrected in a timely fashion.
• Evaluate on an ongoing basis the accounting system, so that it reflects an accurate assessment and projection of the operating revenues and expenses of the organization.
• Ensure compliance with all Government regulations, including taxation.
• Serve as a key member of the senior leadership team providing leadership and input to management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions.
• Manages annual operating and capital budget process, through review with senior management and Board. Assists with the annual business planning process and monthly budget monitoring process.
• Assist in preparation and review of monthly payrolls and work closely with HR Head to strengthen HR processes.
• Managing relationships and reporting with Regulators, Bankers, Auditors, Lenders officials and other stakeholders as appropriate.
• Assist with audits and inspections (both internal and external) preparations, investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies and any non-compliance.
• Responsible for cash management system, including daily cash management and cash forecasting.
• Other duties as assigned. Academic
Qualification & Experience Requirements
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or related subjects with at least Second Upper Division.
• ACCA/CPA is a MUST.
• MSc/MBA will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 4 years’ professional experiences as Finance/Accounts Manager or relevant role is a MUST.
• Preferably Experience in working with Financial Institutions/Audit firms.
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office particularly Excel and financial management software (e.g.: SAP).
• Ability to strategize and solve problems.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
• Attention to details with a great degree of accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and with a proactive and kind attitude.
• Good command of English and Kinyarwanda proficiently. French will be an added asset.
• At least Thirty-five (35) years of age.
Salary & Benefits:
• Competitive salary
• In-house Medical Insurance covering him/her and legal dependents as company policy
• Communication allowances as per company policy
• Monitoring allowance as per company policy
• Annual Salary Increment as per company policy
• Festival Allowance as per company policy
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Cover Letter included the candidate’s expected salary; Detailed CV; Copy of CPA/ACCA Certificate, copy of Degree; Work certificates from previous employers; any other document that may prove a candidate’s competency to the post; Copy of ID Card.
Applications should be addressed to the Managing Director of ASA International (Rwanda) Plc located in Kigali City, Gasabo District, Gisozi Sector, Ruhango Cell, Plot No. – 95, NTORA Village, KG 784 St
Online Application to be sent to email@example.com with subject line mentioning Finance & Accounts Manager. Submission of Application should be before 01 November 2022 at 5:00 PM. Please note that only candidates with the needed qualifications and relevant experience will be shortlisted. If you do not hear from us in 2 weeks after the deadline, know that you are not meeting our requirements.
ASA International (Rwanda) PLC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to attract and select a diverse workforce, ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, class, ethnicity, disability, location, and religion. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Done at Kigali, on …………………./October / 2022
Md. Jamilur Rahman Chowdhury
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.