Finance and Administration Assistant
Jobs at:Hope Walks
Deadline of this Job:
14 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Administration Assistant
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Term of Contract: Part time (3 days per week)
Reporting: This position reports to the Country Program Manager of Hope Walks /Rwanda Clubfoot Program. It also maintains functional reporting lines to the Regional Manager for financial quality oversight
Hope Walks / Rwanda Clubfoot Program is registered as an International NGO under Reg 024/RGB/17 and is working in partnership with Ministry of Health of Rwanda in 13 government and private hospitals. For the above hospitals, Hope Walks has to ensure that the program is funded in a manner consistent with guidelines and known best practices in Ponseti method of clubfoot management, Capacity building (trained staff), Coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the program, Implementing the program in cost-effective way, Community sensitization, Counseling of parents.
To be able to deliver services that meet beneficiaries and partners’ expectation, Hope Walks/Rwanda Clubfoot Program is looking for a dedicated professional to carry out responsibilities of Finance and administration assistant :
This is a part time position covering 3 days a week.. The finance assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day tasks including data entry into the system, updating financial records and processing invoices. The position maintains a special focus on providing accounting support, financial integrity and record keeping for Hope Walks by supporting the Program Manager in Finance management, compliance and record keeping, and by assisting in maintaining accurate data and monitoring supplies.
. The Finance and Administration Assistant will assist the program in the following activities:
• Assist in writing of payment vouchers and ensuring all relevant documents are attached before any payment is done.
• Manage cash advances requested and ensure they are properly reconciled, on time and before another advance is given.
• Ensure that all statutory deductions are paid in a timely manner.
• Manage petty cash and ensure replenishment is done on time
• Ensure payment of casuals is done on time and as per the PM’s approval and proper documentation is kept
• Ensure proper filing of important documents, data and correspondence for future reference, review and audits: ensuring security and confidentiality of the documents.
• Support the clinical supervisor and counseling coordinator in collecting, analyzing and reporting clinical and counseling data
• Assist in the procurement of approved budget item as per Hope Walks Guidelines and ensure quotations are received from various suppliers before an order is made
• Assist in monitoring Supplies and update the Bin Cards
• Assist in planning of specific activities / events such trainings, meetings etc.
• Verifying, processing invoices and maintain supplier accounts
• Update financial records and keep track of accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Maintain financial policies throughout the Hope Walks office
• Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports and provide clarifications that may require.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• A committed candidate who demonstrates the commitment and willingness to work in accordance with the values and ethics of Hope Walks.
• Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and strong financial management skills.
• Demonstrated organizational ability including the ability to work independently and under direction
• Good interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer-based skills including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google drive and e-mail
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills
• Attention to Details - Able to be alert in a high-risk environment; follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor processes; concentrate on routine work details, and organize and maintain a system of records.
• Planning, Prioritizing, & Goal Setting - Able to prepare for emerging customer needs; manage multiple projects; determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way; use goals to guide actions and create detailed action plans; organize and schedule people and tasks.
• Integrity- Able to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; prevent inappropriate behavior by coworkers; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
• Communication Skills - Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; listen well.
• Initiative, Flexibility, & Problem Solving - Voluntarily undertakes additional responsibilities, remains open-minded and changes opinions on the basis of new information; perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as needed; able "to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; review facts and weigh options.
• Quality - Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; establish high standards and measures; do work right the first time and inspect material for flaws; test new methods thoroughly; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
• Team Work - Able to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from coworkers; display team spirit.
• Leadership - Able to assume a role of authority as necessary; advocate new ideas, even when risk is involved; set an example for coworkers; delegate responsibility and empower direct reports to make decisions; provide constructive feedback to others.
• A relevant Degree in Accounting/Finance (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance), equivalent combination of knowledge and experience or a Certified Public Accountant.
• Experience working with QuickBooks
• Experience of 2 years in a Finance and Administration position
• Experience working with NGO donor funds.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The following are the key guidelines to apply for the above job offer
• Application letter addressed to the Country Program Manager of Hope Walks/Rwanda Clubfoot Program
• One notified copy of academic qualifications
• Updated CV and experience duly signed with concrete evidence of previous experiences
• National ID copy
• One passport photo
• The application should be submitted at Hope Walks/ Rwanda Clubfoot Program office located in Kimironko / Bibare , KG 40 Street, not later than 19 July 2022 at 16h:00.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage of selection processes.
• For any inquires please contact Tel:(+250)788499440
HABYARIMANA Jean Claude
Country Program Manager
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.