Finance and Administration Manager
Jobs at:Biofresh Exporters Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20th August 2019
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Biofresh Exporters Limited is a horticultural production and exporting company based in Kigali, Rwanda. Biofresh Exporters Limited prides itself in quality, reliability and excellency, positioning as export market supplier of choice for fresh fruits and vegetables in the horticultural export sector in Rwanda. We over premium quality products and services to our customers for mutually beneficial business satisfaction and growth. This position is based in Kigali, Rwanda with overall responsibility of technical functions in line with growth plans and targets. The purpose of the position is to provide efficient running of the Company’s financial and administration roles, the effective control of its financial and human resources, and administrative systems, in order to contribute to the delivery of Company’s overall objectives. S/he will manage finance and accounting aspects of the company through effective implementation of financial policies, procedures and practices. She / He will ensure compliance with local legislation related to finance matters, as well as administrative duties related to the company. .
• To manage financial affairs, including management and statutory accounts together with longer term financial projections and to ensure that the most efficient and effective financial control systems and reporting mechanisms are in place.
• prepare quarterly management accounts and projections and other relevant reports, in consultation with the General Manager and other departments, for presentation to the Board of Directors.
• To prepare the year-end financial accounts for audit and to liaise with the Auditors prior to sign-off.
• To supervise the production of regular salary payments and records, National Insurance and pension contributions in accordance with HR requirements.
• To liaise with Rwanda Revenue Authority and the Auditors, and to ensure completion of PAYE, VAT, CRS and other returns to the company.
• To deal with the company’s bank in respect of payments and receipts, foreign currency rate and currency hedging negotiations.
• To ensure that all bank accounts and statements are regularly reviewed and reconciled.
• Ensure an appropriate and regularly updated farmer supplies financial records and statements are maintained. These includes but not limited to;
• Records on farmer (framer groups or individual) supplies;
• Reconciliation of produce collected at farm level and received at pack house;
• Financial statement showing status
• Any other related records to enhance transparency
• Maintain updated records of pack house stock inventory of produce, ensuring reconciliations and all produce is accounted for. These will include;
• Keeping a clean record of all produce received, produce packed (with details of packing), and rejects if any.
• Maintain record of produce processed and sold (based on packing list) as well as rejects sold if any.
• Undertake analysis on pack ability for each consignment and report accordingly;
• Oversee office petty cash management and reporting;
Administration and Human Resources
• To efficiently manage all external contracts and to ensure that all the company’s expenditure is correctly authorized and accounted for.
• To ensure the overall smooth running of the company’s internal administration and its cost effectiveness.
• To manage, in conjunction with the Directors, staff contracts and HR matters, ensuring an updated human resource records for all staff and company personnel as well as staff files and leave register among others.
• To manage personnel procedures in relation to recruitment, training, holidays and appraisals, ensuring these are properly documented, and advise on relevant policies.
• To ensure that appropriate policies are in place with regard to procurement and solicitations, tendering processes to secure the best deals for the MCO from service providers.
• Maintain an updated inventory records of all packaging materials and ensure timely orders to maintain a minimum inventory levels for smooth operations
• To ensure that the company’s legal responsibilities are met, in particular that all necessary insurance is properly in place.
• To assist the Management in reviewing the feasibility of incorporating the activities of the company and the associated accounting.
• Provide administrative support for the company, as requested by the General Manager.
• Support the efficient management of supplies and purchases as per policies and procedures.
• Ensure that contracts comply with policies and are presented in an agreed format for authorization.
• Maintain an overview of national staff management, including contracts and benefit entitlements, and ensure that complies with local labor and tax law.
• Maintain full staff records inclusive of annual Performance Appraisal files.
• Ensure that Human Resource Policies and Procedures are implemented across the program in coordination.
• Advise the Managing Director or designated authority on appropriate policy formulation and/or revision, and provide guidance/advice to line management, as directed.
Operations and Logistics
• Organize cargo flight bookings for shipments and ensure timely documentation processing;
• Support in securing travel itinerary and tickets for staff on official duty where and when appropriate
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A university degree in accounting, Finance or related field.
• Desired qualification: completed or partly completed CPA will be a plus
• Diploma holders with additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree:
• A minimum of three years accounting experience in finance and administration management
• Private sector experience of at least three years would be an advantage;
• Demonstrable hands-on experience of financial management.
• Experience in use of Sage Pastel or any software is essential.
• Supervisory experience is required
• Demonstrates integrity and promotes activities that adhere to the ethical standards.
• Technically strong in accounts..
• Good inter-personal and communication skills English a must.(verbal and written).
• Organized and able to work independently.
• Able to analyze financial data and produce financial forecasts.
• Demonstrated behavior of professional and personal ethics, transparency and openness.
• Strong planning skills.
• Embraces a professional structured work environment with consistent standards, clear expectations and careful planning.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Fluent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, other MS Office applications and Sage pastel
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply https://career.nftconsult.com/job_description_page.php?jaction=MTI2NzBjMmFlZTU5NDlmYjk5M2U4MGVjMTE4ODdkMGY=