Finance and Administration Officer
Jobs at:African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a not-for-profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with Ministries of Health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiological and disease surveillance capabilities of African countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy and the International Health Regulations (IHR). AFENET is seeking to recruit highly qualified & experienced persons to serve in the following positions; Field Coordinator, Science Epidemiologist and a Finance & Administration Officer in Rwanda. .
The Finance and Administration Officer will work with Rwanda Program Director to perform the following:
• Develop program annual work plans and monitor implementation;
• Develop and review program budgets in compliance with the AFENET policy and donor guidelines;
• Perform program cost management, determine program charge codes and advises on cost allocation in line with grant guidelines;
• Develop subcontract specifications, work statements, terms and conditions for the procurement of program subcontractors
• In charge of activity advance requests, processing of accountabilities,
• Monitor advance recovery, pursue beneficiaries to ensure timely recoveries and always advise the AFENET secretariat for appropriate action
• Review financial documents to ensure accuracy and completeness of the information therein as per the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
• Maintain updated financial transaction ledgers at all time.
• Reconcile data in SUN accounting software and ensure compliance with Donor requirements
• Ensure that appropriate expenditure documentation and information is maintained;
• Provide monthly and quarterly program expenditure forecasts to the finance liaison at the AFENET Secretariat
• Prepare quarterly program and project progress reports;
• Take lead in the processing of work permits for expatriate consultants and project staff;
• Manage and maintain good relationship with the program staff and external stakeholders;
• Organize conferences and meetings as may be required;
Job Skills: Not Specified
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and or Accounting or Business Administration with strong bias in Finance/Accounting and Administration or Management.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience serving in a similar position in a reputable Organization.
• Chartered Membership to professional organizations and possession of relevant Chartered certifications is added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• Training in project management is desired advantage.
• Experience working with a variety of donor agencies.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your resume, application letter, and relevant Documentation to:
The Administration and HR Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
Please note that all application should be sent online by close of business 5:30 pm (EAT) Friday February 12, 2021.
Note: More details about this position can be obtained from our website: www.afenet.net
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.