Finance and Administration Officer
Deadline of this Job:
04 May 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ACROSSAID is a Non-Government Organization working with no discrimination of any kind whether religious, racial, regional, or political to impact the lives of vulnerable children and young people and ensure they have access to a successful life in its fullness. ACROSSAID strives for a better world where Children and Young People enjoy, with equal opportunities, the benefits of a happy and successful life. The organization operates its strategy through three main areas of intervention that include Access to Quality Education, Child rights and Protection as well as Youth Socio-economic Empowerment.
Through its Educational Development Program, AcrossAid has initiated the “MFASHA NSOME” Project meant to help strengthen children’s language literacy and learning through the promotion of reading and writing culture. The project intends to improve children learning outcomes with a focus on language development among children under 9 years. The Project intervenes for early grade pre-primary learners (Grade 1 through Grade 3) in Kinyarwanda as well as for lower primary school children both in Kinyarwanda and English Language. It consists of:
a) Providing children with adequate, age-appropriate, and child-friendly high quality and CBC (Competence-Based Curriculum) reading and learning materials that include both Read-Aloud Storybooks and Leveled Storybooks;
b) Equipping children with basic reading skills in Kinyarwanda and the English language with the aim to help them be able to freely speak, read and write well at the completion of their primary education through continuous reading sessions;
c) Providing professional development, reading instructions, and methodology to teachers and reading mentors (Abafashamyumvire bo Gusoma) through training and mentorship programs.
The purpose of this Position
AcrossAid is therefore seeking to hire a highly-skilled, experienced and competent candidate for the position of Finance and Administration Officer. The selected candidate shall be entitled to perform financial functions and human resources as well as administrative tasks for day-to-day organizational management.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Take care of bookkeeping and administration of invoices and accounting documents in adherence to accounting standards, practices and manages bank accounts, payments and treasury.
• Maintain and manage office administrative expenditure by maintaining office files, tracking budget procurement and providing routine budget updates.
• Contribute to the preparation, management and monitoring of project budgets and expenditures, monitor cash flow and predict new trends.
• Contribute to the preparation of project financial statements and reports for donors and processing and retention of documents and support in accordance with donor’s rules and regulations.
• Manage all accounts, prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements for all accounts.
• Facilitate Audits – internal, external, partner’s and donor’s etc. through adequate provision of information relating to organization’s financial records.
• Ensure timely declaration and payment of taxes and report any tax claimed but not received and ensure other recoverable under donor guidelines are correctly processed, monitored, and recorded properly.
• Ensure all Statutory payments are processed accurately, paid on time such that fines are avoided.
• Produce accurate financial reports for the Executive Director and the Board at specific deadlines.
• Ensure compliance with regulations (internal and donor-related) for procurement of goods and services and record-keeping.
• On a monthly basis, follow up on outstanding debtors and creditors and other financial risks associated with overall expenditures and notify the Executive Director of the need for any remedial actions.
• Develop appropriate financial systems and tools to support the day-to-day management of the Organization.
• Prepare and handle monthly payroll remittances within the Organization.
• Manage time-sheets and internal leave registry as well as keep employee files and contracts.
• Monitor HR development according to AcrossAid Internal Rules and Regulations and report to the Executive Director.
• Liaise with the management on other relevant matters.
• Provide assistance to AcrossAid Executive Directors’ office through handling different administrative tasks such as drafting official letters, e-mails, memos, etc.
• Support the management in the development of reports and other office documents.
• Maintain office database systems with strict confidentiality of all Organization and office materials.
• Manage and update the organization’s website and other social media platforms.
• Maintain external relationships with service providers to ensure the efficiency of the office systems, supplies, premises, and equipment.
• Liaise with logistics department to keep proper management of logistics, office equipment and any other material management tasks.
• Contribute to the organization of meetings, workshops, conferences, events, and actions.
• Perform any other office and administrative tasks whenever necessary.
Qualifications, skills and Competencies needed
• Hold at least Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Business Administration, or any other related fields.
• Demonstrate at least 3 years of work experience in accounting and bookkeeping operations or in any other related field.
• To be familiar with organizational practices, management of financial records as well as general administrative functions.
• Excellent organizational skills and communication competencies.
• Possess competencies in computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Skills in Website content management and other social media platforms is an added value.
• Possess an outstanding mastery of language proficiency both in English and French spelling and grammar.
• Outstanding knowledge of specialized professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, CIMA, etc. will be an added value.
• Possess outstanding skills in accounting principles and in the accounting software of QuickBooks.
• Ability to productively work under pressure with minimum supervision and perform multi-purpose tasks with a high level of precision.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving, critical, analytical, and strategic thinking skills.
• Demonstrate high professional and ethical considerations as well as excellent teamwork spirit.
Duration: 2 years renewable based on performance with six months of probation period
Salary: Salary is negotiable and shall be commensurate with qualifications and experience
N.B: Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should click here to Apply to send their applications not later than May, 4th, 2022. Late submission will not be considered.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for exams.
Done at Kigali, April, 15th 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.